"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Everymom

New toy!!!

My trusty Visions DO met with a terrible fate yesterday, so today I went out shopping to find a replacement. Did you know its pretty tough to find a DO here in a department store? At least one that isn't a part of a full set of cookware.

Well after much searching (Ken was a trooper, there was no whining at ALL) we were on our way home and I'd resigned myself to not getting a new DO. We noticed a little kitchen store and stopped in. Glory be! There she was, just as pretty as can be! My new dutch oven. Cast iron and a thing of beauty! I can't wait to get seasoning and try it out!

What to cook first???? So many options! Anyone have a good suggestion? Roast? Stew? Soup? I'm open to anything.

Oh and I got new glasses too. A set of 4 was only $6 so I picked up new cocktail glasses and hiball glasses too. We were down to about 4 of each size after all the breaking we've done this month!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
My trusty Visions DO met with a terrible fate yesterday, so today I went out shopping to find a replacement. Did you know its pretty tough to find a DO here in a department store? At least one that isn't a part of a full set of cookware.

Well after much searching (Ken was a trooper, there was no whining at ALL) we were on our way home and I'd resigned myself to not getting a new DO. We noticed a little kitchen store and stopped in. Glory be! There she was, just as pretty as can be! My new dutch oven. Cast iron and a thing of beauty! I can't wait to get seasoning and try it out!

What to cook first???? So many options! Anyone have a good suggestion? Roast? Stew? Soup? I'm open to anything.

Oh and I got new glasses too. A set of 4 was only $6 so I picked up new cocktail glasses and hiball glasses too. We were down to about 4 of each size after all the breaking we've done this month!
Great! I don't have any suggestions right this minute...a roast would be good. When you said new glasses, I thought you meant seeing glasses...

Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Congratulations! You'll love it.

Fried chicken! Not much better than that and it helps season the pot.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
Everymom

Thank you both! I hadn't thought of fried chicken, but that might be just the ticket. I'll have to wait a while to do that though. Darn it! I work tomorrow night and we are doing a prime rib on Saturday. Fried chicken on Sunday sounds like a plan!

Woohoo! A new toy AND my menu planned for the next few days. Doesn't get much better than that.

I've got it in the oven right now. I'm such a dork I keep running in to check on it. What the heck do I think is going to happen to it?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Thank you both! I hadn't thought of fried chicken, but that might be just the ticket. I'll have to wait a while to do that though. Darn it! I work tomorrow night and we are doing a prime rib on Saturday. Fried chicken on Sunday sounds like a plan!

Woohoo! A new toy AND my menu planned for the next few days. Doesn't get much better than that.

I've got it in the oven right now. I'm such a dork I keep running in to check on it. What the heck do I think is going to happen to it?
Grow legs and crawl away?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Grow legs and crawl away?
Heeheeheeheehee! I'm such a weenie. That's gotta be somewhere in the back of my mind! Pathetic.

Anyone else like this about new kitchen toys?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

I get excited about new stuff too. Can't say I'd keep checking on a pot in the oven, but can't say I wouldn't either.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Lock the oven door. It might run around a bit but it won't be able to escape.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Heeheeheeheehee! I'm such a weenie. That's gotta be somewhere in the back of my mind! Pathetic.

Anyone else like this about new kitchen toys?
I got myself a Keurig Coffee Pot for the office, took it in today and had to keep visiting it and tried out about 4 different coffees. I might sleep tonight!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Everymom

I haven't bought myself a new kitchen toy for a while. The last stuff I bought was some Paderno cookie sheets and a silicone mat for baking. That was at least a year, maybe even 2 years ago. I have a PILE of stuff on my Amazon wish list, but folks just aren't getting the hint. I may have to start dropping subtle hints, like leaving flyers with items circled in red lying on Ken's pillow!