Pampered Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My problem could be that I followed my SIL's directions on using it and cleaning it. Maybe she didn't give them to me right OR maybe the quality has deteriorated in recent years. Mine is only a year old and I hate it. She recently suggested oven cleaner, she used to be a PC consultant. I guess it can't hurt because right now it's just a round paperweight.

Please don't use oven cleaner. YIf you have a gas grill, put the stone there and turnit in full blast with all burners. That will burn off all or almost all crud. Don't be afraid to leave it going for an hour.

In many of the other discussions I have heard, the subject of support, info and customer service seems to come up regularly with Pampered Chef. And it does not have to happen.

My wife is a teacher approaching retirement. She has started a PC business to work on part-time now, and then full-time after she leaves teaching. The problems mentioned here are not a big portion of her business. And for a very big reason.

First off, and most important, is absolute customer service. It drives us both nuts in our jobs and in our hobbies. You get the smooth sales pitch, and as soon as one lockwasher snaps, your friendly contact person is nowhere to be found. We don't operate that way.

Both my wife, and her down-line, are fanatics on help, replacements and cutting red-tape. What many customers don't know is that PC themselves have numerous people and programs in place from Day-One to ensure that clients receive help throughout the sale.

Yes, stones crack, handles loosen, instructions do not get shipped with the package. Some cookware sets are shipped as "complete sets only," and we have some oddballs in our home because my wife serviced the needs of the client.

But in the end, all of these concerns were successfully dealt with and solved. My wife maintains a direct business cell-phone line, messages can be recorded if she's teaching, she has a website, and I work out of our home. We are as about as close to 24/7 as this business is going to get.

I even Q/C and buff knife blades before they are delivered.

Your salesperson and her support staff are your key here. Contact them. You don't have to come out guns blazing--believe me, my wife truly cares if her people are unhappy.

Most of the issues discussed here are legendary, and easily corrected on the first phone call. In fact, she has even gone back and done demos for people having issues with the stones.

She just did a show tonight, September 16th. My wife and the client (who has done other get-togethers) have no customer service or return merchadise issues. In fact, my wife referred to tonight as simply, a "party." I have done no customer service calls tonight. I have no broken or incomplete orders to return to UPS tomorrow morning.

My wife and I know you can buy PC products and Japanese knives from numerous outlets. You will only come back to us if you are satisfied. We make sure that is the way business is done.

I have alot of the stonewear and love it. depends on what you cook in them food will stick , also I have the glass measruing bowls too.My hubby put the pizza stone in a hot oven and the thing scattered all over in the oven , he really loves the pizza stone so I got two just in case.

I have a lot of Pampered Chef items. They are terrific, but not that much different than other brands. I got most of it on EBAY. Lots of people selling off their items when they quit the business. Like a Tupperware Party, it is always an obligation to buy something, and you will get cooking lessons at the party. Go and have a great time. If you see something expensive, get the info, and look on EBAY. If it is a really new item it will show up in about 6 months. The rest are standard items, well made and functional. The baking stones are great. They need to be seasoned like cast iron, and get ugly. The uglier the better they perforn! Don't drop them, though, they will break! I have pieces that now fit in my toaster oven from the original big one. I got another big one. The cookies come out crisper, if you like them that way. If you like them chewy, use a cookie pan!

Have a great time!

Ditto on the baking stones. Believe it or not I think they are worth the money. I also like my cookie dough scoop I got from them and my apple corer slicer dealie is the BEST! Their garlic press broke on me though so avoid that.

Wrong thread I know...but I never got on with pizza stones. Too many issues...cracking, washing etc...:neutral:

Picked up a few thick quarry tiles that I lay directly on the oven rack. They survive a 500 degree oven, hold far more heat than a porous, thin, "stone", and survive spilling without cracking. Not to mention, cheap...ymmv...:cool:

Wrong thread I know...but I never got on with pizza stones. Too many issues...cracking, washing etc...:neutral:

Picked up a few thick quarry tiles that I lay directly on the oven rack. They survive a 500 degree oven, hold far more heat than a porous, thin, "stone", and survive spilling without cracking. Not to mention, cheap...ymmv...:cool:

What is a quarry tile? And where do you get them?

C

Just go to your local home center, in the flooring section, and purchase some unglazed clay tiles. I've been using them for nearly 20 years. I also use the clay saucers that go under flower pots. I have a big one I use as a pizza stone.

I just bought a set of three spatula-type bamboo utensils from PC to support a fund raiser. I really like them. They are very different from the standard wood utensils, harder and thinner.

My daughter just did a fundraiser for Tupperware, then someone came waltzing into my office with a PC catalog. Needless to say, I bought quite a bit of pampered chef lol! Very impressed with everything!

Back
Top Bottom