"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

one more vote for good quality but way overpriced.

cws, if you go ahead and start selling it, i'll buy something online from your account.

christmas is coming and i have a few cooks in my family.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

I love their products, but agree they are a bit pricey. I always manage to find something I love and end up buying from my friends/co-workers despite the price.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
one more vote for good quality but way overpriced.

cws, if you go ahead and start selling it, i'll buy something online from your account.

christmas is coming and i have a few cooks in my family.
I agree with BT here. I'd be happy to buy some things from you if you decide to do this.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur

I agree with BT here. I'd be happy to buy some things from you if you decide to do this.
+2
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #15
Sous Chef

I think the reason people tend to hate garlic presses is because they haven't used the Pampered Chef garlic press. That thing is indispensable.

On the same token, I had a pizza stone from them that exploded--yes, exploded-- in the oven. It was left in the oven to preheat like normal, but about 15 minutes in we heard a loud cracking sound and had no idea where it came from. After looking through the house for what made the sound we gave up, went back to the kitchen and found the pizza stone in the oven in 100s of pieces. It had held up for a few years with no issue, rarely being removed from the oven and NEVER being exposed to thermal shock or anything of the sort.

I can't really speak to the rest of their products.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

no mayo, aliens caused a crack in the pizza stone and then inserted a mysterious liquid into it in an attempt to silence those "who know".

or maybe it was the gov't., same cover-up...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by no mayonnaise View Post
I think the reason people tend to hate garlic presses is because they haven't used the Pampered Chef garlic press. That thing is indispensable.

On the same token, I had a pizza stone from them that exploded--yes, exploded-- in the oven. It was left in the oven to preheat like normal, but about 15 minutes in we heard a loud cracking sound and had no idea where it came from. After looking through the house for what made the sound we gave up, went back to the kitchen and found the pizza stone in the oven in 100s of pieces. It had held up for a few years with no issue, rarely being removed from the oven and NEVER being exposed to thermal shock or anything of the sort.

I can't really speak to the rest of their products.
I was on the phone for over an hour with my high school friend. One of the things she likes about PC is the guarantee. I hope you contacted them re the pizza stone. She spoke very highly re: the guarentee.

I have Le Crueset cookware. I love it--but my DO is pitted. I have had it for about 30 years. I contacted Le Crueset Canada about replacing it. (1) I have to send it to an outlet near Toronto; (2) I have to explain how I cared for it; (3) if they decide I didn't care for it properly, no replacement and they won't send my DO back.

What part of lifetime warranty did I not understand? I would like to walk into a store that sells Le Crueset and walk out with a new DO. Shipping the one I have is around $20-25. I can't keep the lid--have to send that too--had to get # to apply to the DO when sending it. A whole lot of hassle to get my "lifetime guarantee." Good thing they didn't ask for the receipt--that I don't have--my mom bought this for me 30+ years ago.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks everyone. I'm not "in" to tupperware, etc., parties, but I am convinced that PamperedChef could help me and work for me because I like the quality of the product (and, I was really impressed by the online sale items re: discontinueed items....). Because I have been involved with rescue organizations since 1998, my thought is that if one wishes to host a party and then book a party for the charity, I will give 10% (the minimum commission is 20%) back to the charity from that "party." It would have to be virtual. One can do this online and doesn't actually have to have a physical party. If any of you are interested in doing something like that for your favorite charity, let's talk about how to do it (PM me). If you want to order s/thing and want to give me credit, PM me for my contact info. If you have a PC item that broke, PM me about how to get it replaced.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I was on the phone for over an hour with my high school friend. One of the things she likes about PC is the guarantee. I hope you contacted them re the pizza stone. She spoke very highly re: the guarentee.
Definitely got a new one but wasn't so confident in using it thereafter. It wasn't bad or anything, but I mean how can a pizza stone be bad? Just didn't enjoy picking out pieces of ceramic (or whatever it is) from the oven for an hour.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I find that for the money spent you can get much more elsewhere.

One good thing is that PC, has many unique items and those are the ones that I would go for. My mom buys me stuff from them because she has a friend that sells it. Of all the things that I have bought the only thing that I really like is the egg separator, I've broken most everything plastic that I have bought from them. I didn't bother to have them replaced, just lazy I guess, but I've heard that they are excellent at replacing the stuff.

If you start a PC business, if there is something I want, I'll order from you!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chef