Price of Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'm selling my beer company stocks first thing Monday morning. ;)

CD

You beer drinkers would faint if I told you how much a medium glass of French white "house" wine cost in the deli last week. Fortunately, I wasn't paying (look, I'll go out with anyone who'll feed me - I'm just a bit picky about who I stay in with!).

Yeah, but beer and wine are not the same....

I graduated from buying $5 bottles of wine a few years back to spending $10-$15 a bottle currently.... I know, I've still have a long ways to go.... :LOL:

Last edited:
How much do you guys figure is expensive for beer? We buy an imported German beer called Wernesgrüner, that we like a lot. We often get it for Cdn $7.99 for four 500 ml cans

You beer drinkers would faint if I told you how much a medium glass of French white "house" wine cost in the deli last week. Fortunately, I wasn't paying (look, I'll go out with anyone who'll feed me - I'm just a bit picky about who I stay in with!).

Ordering a glass of "French white" in many parts of Texas could lead to bodily harm.

As for beer, one of the last words out of a Texan as he dies is "beer." It goes something like this... "Hold my beer and watch this."

CD

Whether I'm buying beer or wine for home drinking, I think of how much that glass of brew or wine would cost if we were out. Right then, the price looks like a real bargain!

Whether I'm buying beer or wine for home drinking, I think of how much that glass of brew or wine would cost if we were out. Right then, the price looks like a real bargain!

Hey, that goes double for a good steak. I can buy a USDA prime ribeye for about fourteen bucks, cook it to perfection, grill some asparagus and make some garlic mashed potatoes -- total cost, less than 20 bucks.

Same meal at a prime steakhouse, around 100 bucks. Not to mention what you said about wine -- add 20 bucks at the prime steakhouse for that glass of wine.

CD

Cheap beer is about. 2.2 Dollar at the Alcohol store, in the pub cheap beer is about 7 dollar.

My favorite cost 11 dollar for 250 ml....

I find that to be true with "Craft Beer". Most of the major brands that I buy are always having sales. Personally I'm not fond of "Craft Beer". I also can't stand bud, bud light or busch. I really like Abita products, especially Amber, Purple Haze and Andygator.

Hey, that goes double for a good steak. I can buy a USDA prime ribeye for about fourteen bucks, cook it to perfection, grill some asparagus and make some garlic mashed potatoes -- total cost, less than 20 bucks.

Same meal at a prime steakhouse, around 100 bucks. Not to mention what you said about wine -- add 20 bucks at the prime steakhouse for that glass of wine.

CD
Restaurant prices for alcohol is about 4 to 5 times what you can buy it in a store. Unlike food, there is practically no labor required to prepare and serve alcohol. I recall reading that the restaurant markup is less on quality beef than on other foods, as the menu price would be too high. There is a high priced steakhouse in town that has a couple of steak dinners over $50 (who can eat a 20 oz. prime cowboy ribeye at $72?), but most good restaurants here have entrees in the $25 - $40 range.

It's rare when I make a dinner at home where the ingredients cost more than a McMeal. Even lobster and steamers is less than $15 per person.

For a guy who has enjoyed beer for most of my life, I don't drink it too often any more.. I like the 7oz bottles now and the only brand available here is Coronas, Coronita Extra.. Bought some this morning @ 6.29 a 6pak..
Will last me a week or two..

Ross

Beer is getting expensive so I think I'm going to stop buying beer.

I guess you don't like beer much?

Well, I'll stop buying some stuff then..but not beer..

Agree. Even when trying to loose weight, beer stays on the menu. I take the carbs out with other foods. I could not imagine not having beer to drink. I'm having one with my lunch right now. Bud Light in a can.

Same meal at a prime steakhouse, around 100 bucks. Not to mention what you said about wine -- add 20 bucks at the prime steakhouse for that glass of wine. CD

I use the same thinking about football. I spend $300 a season to get every game during the regular season. Going to one game with my wife would be more than double that.
So, I get the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch my team each Sunday.
And yes, I will drink a few beers.

I will drink any kind of beer. I like light beers in a the Pilsner category. I do not like the dark heavy beers and craft beers.
I want to drink it, not make a meal out of it.
Some of those darker beers will fill you up so fast, you will not have room for food.

I can get Natural Light for $14.47 a case. 24 12 oz cans. I prefer can over bottle and have no idea why.
But I always get cans for the home fridge and drink cans at my pool bar.

My wife likes Corona. In the bottle. I love Dos Equis dark on tap in an ice cold mug at Mexican restaurants. Seems every Mexican restaurant serves it.
It does not taste heavy and is smooth as silk.

Back
Top Bottom