Worst drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harborwitch said:
Aside from Pepto and alka seltzer there is one drink I couldn't get past my nose.

We were in Trader Joe's and needing a bottle of scotch. They had one that was described as being from a northernmost place in Scotland high on a craggy cliff overlooking the crashing surf which "imparted and unique flavor with a taste of the sea. Now doesn't that just sound wonderful. Yup, a bottle of iodine woulda been a lot cheaper! Blech isn't even close. It was so bad that a friend who brags that he's never met a scotch he didn't like couldn't get past the smell!

Next worst - Southern comfort & Dr. Pepper. Ooooh that was bad, I think that was the worst I've ever felt!:sick: :yuk:

OH, Harbowitch,

I just laughed and laughed at your description. More than likely had someone looked at the bottom of the craggy cliff overlooking the crashing surf there was probably the body of someone who had tasted that scotch. Too funny!!!!!

not sure if it qualifies as a "beverage," but hands down it's that salty orange concoction they make you drink before a colonoscopy. Unbearably nasty. I can't even get it down! :sick:

expatgirl said:
OH, Harbowitch,

I just laughed and laughed at your description. More than likely had someone looked at the bottom of the craggy cliff overlooking the crashing surf there was probably the body of someone who had tasted that scotch. Too funny!!!!!

I think we threw it in the garbage - afraid it would have killed the septic tank!:sick::sick: I have a feeling the body was that of the man who thought that concoction was fit to drink, thrown over by his boss. :)

ChefJune said:
not sure if it qualifies as a "beverage," but hands down it's that salty orange concoction they make you drink before a colonoscopy. Unbearably nasty. I can't even get it down! :sick:

My version was Cherry - it's got to be JUST as bad as the orange - it's vile!!!!!!!!! I drank 1/2 of mine - most of what I did drink didn't even stay down. A nurse told me that some doctors in the same practice as my doctor use nothing but pills - I WILL take the pills next time or I guess there won't be a next time :ermm:

Glad to know that there are pills for the RotoRooter service----My hubby and I are due in December (really we are way overdue) but that's when we're going to have it done-----heard the drink was vile---now you've only confirmed it. Will definitely plead for the pills. Thanks!!!

Most of the beers I tasted are bad (except of beer with cherry taste and one I have in my country that is not filtered) and vodka also (except of Nemroff, cranberry).

But it is just I don't like the taste of alcohol :blush:

But I hate hot milk with honey :sick: When I am ill my mom always makes me drink it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my NEW worst drink is warm grappa. Sorry, but good gawd, was like rubbing alcohol<shivers>.

Wasn't new to me really, just didn't care for it a few years back, and apparently, I still don't.

Any alcoholic drink (I always taste the alcohol, or at least did before I quit drinking 30+ years back. I quite drinking because I hated the flavor, and the nausea that went with drinking for me.)

of non-alcoholic beverages, I once took a big gulp of bottled chocolate milk that had gone sour. Of course I didn't know it was sour before I took the gulp. It was terrible in flavor and texture. I almost lost it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom