Scored a good 'un yesterday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Not about knives, but knife-related.

I was in one of our area Goodwill stores yesterday and spied something I've been thinking about buying...in a real store or online via Amazon.

Doesn't matter whether I like it or not because I'm not going to complain about the $1.29 I forked over for this Kapoosh knife block.

Got it home, cleaned it up and introduced it to the knives in my current slot-cut knife block. WOW! Holds everything in the old block, plus some of my other favorites that had been delegated to a drawer. Yeah!

I'm a happy camper. Now I can take it off my Amazon Wish List to make room for something else.:angel:

Your posts like this make me want to head out and search the thrift shops by us. Alas, my trips to the local Salvation Army are to drop stuff off.

I've found that some areas of the country are better goldmines that others. Himself's cousins live in Williamsburg, VA. Eleanor manages to find the very best stuff at the shops run by the church ladies or a hospital volunteer guild. Same can be said for a friend of mine who used to live near Bloomington, IL. When visiting Gail in Bloomington, I managed to score a re-marked print by Doris Morgan for just one buck! It looks like you live in a good-deals area, what with this and your Romertopf pot. Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom