Bagpipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen

Q. What do you call 100 bagpipes at the bottom of the sea?

A. A good start.

"Gentleman" defined: Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't.

Q. Why do pipers walk when they play?

A. They are trying to get away from the sound!

Thought: How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?

Q. How can you tell the difference between bagpipe songs?

A. By their names.

LOL my favorite from the link is:

"Thank God there is no odor" - Oscar Wilde, commenting on bagpipes.

OK I am going to admit it. I like the bagpipes :shock:

so do I GB... but, only for a little while.
After awhile.. they get a little annoying.

I have to be nice -
our city's only highschool is known for their amazing bagpipe players (would those be bagpipers? baggies? boys in skirts?)

They are usually referred to as pipers and drummers - the skirt is a kilt - for goodness sake never let a Scotsman hear you refer to his national dress as a 'skirt'.... Wars have been fought over remarks like that :)

I no longer play regularly - probably only on Hogmanay - and only if one or two drams too many have been imbibed. :chef:

Ishbel said:
I no longer play regularly - probably only on Hogmanay - and only if one or two drams too many have been imbibed. :chef:
Ahhh Ishbel, I'd love to hear you...:) I love bagpipes, must be the scots in me..
kadesma

Ishbel said:
They are usually referred to as pipers and drummers - the skirt is a kilt - for goodness sake never let a Scotsman hear you refer to his national dress as a 'skirt'.... Wars have been fought over remarks like that :)

My grandfather was born in Scotland!:mrgreen:

heyyyyyy i like the bagpipes. scary thing is when someone plays twisted sister on them and it actually sounds good !

Love bagpipes. Had bagpipe songs at my mother's funeral.

We have a good friend(bbq) of ours, team name Kilted Kilby, he wears his kilt at bbq contests.

Back
Top Bottom