Don't you just hate it when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
...you have one grandmother who had a great cookie recipe and also five daughters anad none of them ever go the recipe right???!!!!Geez!!:wacko:

when you get up early so that you can get to work early and hit every red light all the way and get there late?

Sure do Vicki..
And don't you just hate it when your m-i-l (who is considered a perfect saint) decides to help you cook? This entails her stepping on your foot as she elbows you out of the way so she can stir the pot you just stirred, turn up the heat or reduce the heat and you don't know it til something starts to burn or is under cooked at serving time..And don't ya just love the, why didn't ya let ma help ya if you weren't sure how to do that from your oh so dear DH!!!! YUP..That happened one time, after DH cleaned up all the food off the floor, it never happened again:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma:angel:

When you've just cleaned the kitchen floor and "someone" spills something on it?

:) When you just cleaned the kitchen floor and shampood living room carpet and the dogs come running in and and get mud every where.Argh

kadesma said:
Sure do Vicki..
And don't you just hate it when your m-i-l (who is considered a perfect saint) decides to help you cook? This entails her stepping on your foot as she elbows you out of the way so she can stir the pot you just stirred, turn up the heat or reduce the heat and you don't know it til something starts to burn or is under cooked at serving time..And don't ya just love the, why didn't ya let ma help ya if you weren't sure how to do that from your oh so dear DH!!!! YUP..That happened one time, after DH cleaned up all the food off the floor, it never happened again:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma:angel:
Is you MIL's name Marie Barone????:LOL: (Have you ever seen Everybody Loves Raymond??)

VickiQ said:
Is you MIL's name Marie Barone????:LOL: (Have you ever seen Everybody Loves Raymond??)
How'd you know that Vicki:LOL:
Yep watch it all the time :LOL: and she has my m-i-l law down to a T..

kadesma:)

when you get dinner done and then the family calls and says.. I'm running an hour late... keep dinner warm

VickiQ said:

That was my MOM!!! Fortunately, Sheila and I were the "good kids". My poor brother was Raymond...

Mom's name was Ethel MARIE, so it really did fit!

John

When you go to get something or do something, get to where it is and forget what the heck you were in there for?

Jeez, I have to backstep and go through what I was doing and HOPE that I remember what I was suppose to do!!

...you have to work instead of having fun on dc?

i'm getting really old graphics systems ready to be shipped out to some small tv stations, kcal-tv, and wtog-tv.

nothing like trying to remember old stuff, most of which has been pushed out of your brain to fit the new stuff.

Last edited:
Or you plan a really great meal, go through the bother of cooking it, and your kids say they aren't hungry???? (proportionately related to what they had for "snack" after school)

I hate it when they swear they will be home for dinner and then one by one call to say otherwise.I just wrap it all up and serve it the next night-once one of my son's made the mistake of saying Oh we're having leftovers-I let him know If you didn't eat it the first time it's not leftovers!!!!!:) Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom