Ben And Jerry's New Beer Flavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait to try it. I think those flavors would lend themselves perfectly to ice cream.

Sounds interesting. Maybe we could come up with a better name like:

Brew Ha-Ha

Moo Ha-Ha

The Laughing Cow

Chubbier Hubby

I must have been thinking about too many Bunny names from another thread.:LOL:

I LUV Ben & Jerrys but I will not be tasting this ice cream. Just what we need, ice cream that tastes like Guiness....ug

As much as I like Guinness & porter, I think I can easily give this ice cream a pass. If I'm going to use the unnecessary calories, I'd rather have them in a foamy-headed pint.

and here i was just thinking "we need a guinness flavored ice cream..."

i think the bitterness and maltiness of beer would go well in a slightly sweetened ice cream.

Actually, beer and ice cream go together quite nicely. If you doubt try to make a beer milkshake just as you would make a milkshake with any carbonated soft drink. I've used vanilla and chocolate ice cream.

I first tried one after reading John Steinbeck's "Tortilla Flat". In Chapter 17, Doc on his way to La Jolla stops in Ventura and has a beer milkshake.

I had my first in Washington, D.C. in the early 1970's. I have one several times a year.

Well, the other night at the local Japanese restaurant I was slugging down the remainder of my Sapporo while downing my Green Tea ice cream & didn't roll over & die. Although I can't say I would have chosen the pairing.

I don't even like beer-tasting beer let alone ice cream-tasting beer - I'll pass on the flavor but will come for the ride (sure I can find something I like there!)

I was in the store today and found my wife over by the Ben and Jerry's freezer (she says she likes to visit her friends). Well lo and behold I saw the new Black and Tan ice cream so of course I had to buy it.

For those that are nervous about trying it, don't be. It does not taste anything at all like beer and it is not made with any beer. On the cover it says it is a cream stout ice cream with a chocolate ice cream swirl. The cream stout part is very light tan in color and just tastes very sweet and creamy. The chocolate swirl is dark brown and delicious.

Overall this is a good flavor. It is not one of their better ones, but it is still good. Don't be scared of it. Give it a try.

mish said:
Sounds interesting...Chubbier Hubby ...

OMG ... wine out the nose!

I have to say that I love Ben & Jerry ... When I first moved to Portland to go to school, I was so lonely. Down the block, however, was a Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop. It was actually half way between a classmates house and my apartment and we would meet regularly for therapy with our 2 best friends. Coming from dairy land, it was wonderful ...

GB, I am sad that there is no actual beer in the process ... False advertising? hmmmmm ... :( Such a good idea. I may have to try the milkshake idea this summer or maybe a beer float. A little Lienies Dark and vanilla anyone?

Back
Top Bottom