TNT almond tuiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabrine

Cook
egg whites , same weight confectionner sugar sifted, same weight flour,same weight melted butter , sliced almonds, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 pinch of salt

I used 2 egg whites and it gave me about 5 dozen cookies :)

Beat lightly egg whites then add confectionner sugar, melted butter, flour, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well until blended. Refregirate mixture for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 400° (200°C) . Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter on baking sheet then flat each drop in a very thin round shape with a wet finger . sprinkle sliced almonds on each cookie.

Bake for 5 min or until just brown around the edges.

While cookies are still warm and pliable , place them on a rolling pin to give them a curved shape . Work quickly because they get stiff very fast. If that happens, return back cookies to oven for a few seconds.

sameOLARX1D19062006171855322239.jpg

So you serve these more as stand-alone cookies, or do you serve them as a garnish for desserts? We make a lot of tuiles at work but they are more for garnishing or as cups used to hold foods like ceviche, relishes, etc.

You can use them as you like :)

I use them with ice-cream, mousses and also with fruit salad .
I use them also with different sorts of cookies to make a great assortment to serve with coffee or tea :)

Here again I hope I'm understandable and not destroying to much your language :LOL:

Sabrine, welcome - and no, you're not destroying our language! You do much better in English than most of us would do in your language!:)

Back
Top Bottom