Kahlua bundt-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Was just getting ready to park it for the night and enjoy my tea, when the doorbell rang and some friends arrived with a surprise. Since we were gone last night they decided we needed a halloween treat:) I got the recipe out of her and it's easy and also pretty good. I know many prefer from scratch cakes, but there are times when something like this just hits the spot.
Anyway, here is what she said to do.
Get large bowl and dump in one box of chocolate cake mix. Add one small box of vanilla instant pudding, 4 eggs, 2 cups sour cream,a 6 oz. pack of chocolatte chips,1/4 cup corn oil or any veggie oil,1/2 cup of kahlua. Mix all together and put into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake for 1 hr. and 15 min at 350. Cool, then invert onto serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
kadesma:)

What a good sounding cake to make in the RV....

And as an alternative to buying your Kahlua, here's a family recipe for it.

* Exported from MasterCook *
KAHLUA

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups brown sugar -- packed
1 cup white sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup Instant Yuban coffee -- Be sure & use Yuban (I've also used Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso with great results)
3 cups vodka
1/2 fresh Vanilla Bean -- split lengthwise

In a large saucepan stir together the sugars and the water; bring to a boil & boil for 5 min. Take off stove & stir in the instant coffee.

While the sugar mixture is boiling, pour the vodka in a large NON-plastic container and add the split vanilla bean.

Pour sugar mix. into the vodka and quickly cover with lid. Try to wait at least one week. Makes ~5 cups.

If you can't wait one week - have lots of ice cubes to cool it off!!
-----

licia said:
Sounds good to me and quite easy to make. Thanks.
It is licia, and one bowl and one pan..easy all around.

cjs said:
What a good sounding cake to make in the RV....

And as an alternative to buying your Kahlua, here's a family recipe for it.

* Exported from MasterCook *
KAHLUA

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups brown sugar -- packed
1 cup white sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup Instant Yuban coffee -- Be sure & use Yuban (I've also used Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso with great results)
3 cups vodka
1/2 fresh Vanilla Bean -- split lengthwise

In a large saucepan stir together the sugars and the water; bring to a boil & boil for 5 min. Take off stove & stir in the instant coffee.

While the sugar mixture is boiling, pour the vodka in a large NON-plastic container and add the split vanilla bean.

Pour sugar mix. into the vodka and quickly cover with lid. Try to wait at least one week. Makes ~5 cups.

If you can't wait one week - have lots of ice cubes to cool it off!!
-----
Thank you cjs,
will give the recipe a try.

You're welcome - hope you can wait the suggested time...I normally can't ;)

But, one thing to be said for drinking 'new' Kahlua...the coffee flavor is much stronger and as I love coffee, that suits me fine. The longer Kahlua sits/sets the milder it gets, as we all know, so...

cjs said:
You're welcome - hope you can wait the suggested time...I normally can't ;)

But, one thing to be said for drinking 'new' Kahlua...the coffee flavor is much stronger and as I love coffee, that suits me fine. The longer Kahlua sits/sets the milder it gets, as we all know, so...
Thanks for the tip cjs:) I love coffee flavor too, so we shall see just how long it sits:-p

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom