Looking for mini soup bowls.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charleston foodie

Assistant Cook
:chef: I have seen mini soup bowls shaped like soup tureens on the food network. Specifically I saw them on Tyler's Ultimate program. Does anyone know where I can purchase something like this? I have searched the web without any luck.

I think you're talking about ramekins. I have a set of the old fashioned brown/beige Hull pottery ones. They even have lids and little handles on the sides. They're perfect for French onion soup.

kitchenelf, Thanks for the info...these are beautiful. I have a collection of old ironstone. And white...my favorite in dishes.

I had forgotten about a set of white ones I have with lids, but mine have a larger handle and only on one side. I need to use them while the weather is cool.

Thanks everyone for the information.

I guess I was looking for something smaller. Maybe I will use either ramkins or small chinese soup bowls. In Tyler's show the soup was used as part of the appetizer course and looked like it was in a small bowl of no more than 6 ounces. Maybe they were a special order for the show.

charleston foodie said:
I guess I was looking for something smaller. Maybe I will use either ramkins or small chinese soup bowls. In Tyler's show the soup was used as part of the appetizer course and looked like it was in a small bowl of no more than 6 ounces. Maybe they were a special order for the show.
One of our sons likes to use lotus bowls like the ones on this eBay auction:

eBay: Set of 3 Lotus Leaf Bowls – Perfect for Entertaining! (item 280072438312 end time Jan-25-07 19:47:34 PST).

You might want to keep an eye out for something like them. They're only about 4 inches in diameter, which might make them about the right size for your purpose.

charleston foodie said:

that darn Tyler. He always seems to get what he wants.

Check out Williams-Sonoma if you're still looking. Also Crate & Barrel. Good luck!

That Fantes link is great, what beautiful little taureens. Wish I could have some!

Back
Top Bottom