Raspberry Truffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguynamedrobert

Senior Cook
Well I was feeling like I needed to make some truffles since I hadn't for a while...so I got my thinking cap on and tried a nice batch of raspberry truffles...I used real raspberries and reduced them down and then added that liquid to the cream and then formed the ganache...I coated them, old fashioned style, in cocoa powder....

So I thought I'd post some pics...

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/1180977224/gallery_49449_4731_14773.jpg

Attachments

• truffles 008.JPG
    truffles 008.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 200
  • truffles 009.JPG
    truffles 009.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 190
  • truffles 0010.JPG
    truffles 0010.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 160
Wow, how perfectly beautiful, Robert!

Could you post a picture of one with a bite taken out of it? :)

Lee

Sure I would...Here it is below...

20 oz. Dark chocolate(55% is what I used)
7 oz. Heavy Cream
12 oz. Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
3 oz. Butter

1) First take the Raspberries and put them in a pot and start to cook them...I cooked them for probably 30-45 minutes to reduce them down and get some water out.
2) Then add the 7 oz. of heavy cream to the reduced raspberry. Heat to a simmer and then remove from heat.
3) Strain the mixture to get the seeds out and poor out directly onto chopped chocolate.
4) Since this mixture will be sort of thick you will probably have to put the chopped chocolate and heavycream/raspberry mixture on a double boiler(Pot of hot water with the bowl of chocolate/heavy cream and raspberry over it).
5) Stir that mixture lightly with a wisk until it becomes a uniform mass.
6) Take off double boiler and if the mixture is still fairly cool(under 100 degrees F. Warm but not hot) then add the 3 oz. of butter and wisk in with medium vigor but towards the slower side...
7) Once incorporated you are done for the moment and you can put all the ganache into a small bowl.
8) Put plastic wrap over the ganache and place in refridgerator. Let it cool until it hardens up(6 hours).
9) Scoop out with spoon or small scooper into small balls and roll in your hands to forms a nice ball...

You can see how to coat them here...

Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them as best I can...

Have a good one...

I'm heading over to a friends out tonight so I will bring over the truffles and taste test them to see if the raspberry was too much, too little or not enough...

No...no...no...no...,Robert. There can never, in my book, there can NEVER be too much raspberry with chocolate.:LOL:

Just coat me in both. My grandmother made the most awesome raspberry pies. I can still taste them. Actually, I can make them because I watched her make them.

aguynamedrobert said:
1) First take the Raspberries and put them in a pot and start to cook them...I cooked them for probably 30-45 minutes to reduce them down and get some water out.
first thx for the recipe, never attemped to make truffles but i'v always wanted to. father's day is comeing soooo..........:ohmy::ermm:

also at this particular stage, do you add water to the pan or is it just the frozen raspberries? thx!:chef:

You don't want to add any water at that point...You want to cook those for the one reason only and that is to reduce the water(during this the berries will break down as well)....I did add probably 2 tables spoons of sugar(just a few pinches) to sweeten a slight bit...

And I tried the truffles off and on tonight and the raspberry came out perfect...it really gives you that natural taste instead of Flavorings or pastes...

Have a good one everybody...

Hi, a new member here from the UK. They sound great have you tried to make them with White Chocolate you get a more intense flavour.

Back
Top Bottom