I have a sick sick dependency to Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevInAlaska

Assistant Cook
like the subject reads... I have a SICK dependency to Tabasco Chipotle hot sauce. Has anyone else tried this and what do you think? :cool:

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

KevInAlaska said:
like the subject reads... I have a SICK dependency to Tabasco Chipotle hot sauce. Has anyone else tried this and what do you think? :cool:

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Its good, always finds its ways into my salsa, quesadillas, and other recipes I never thought it would.

Im hooked on Yucatan Sunshine Prepared Habanro Pepper Sauce

I like it, but it is not one of my favorite hot sauces. I have a big bottle of it tough so I reach for it pretty often.

My 2 year old daughter loves it too and will just eat it with her finger and nothing else :LOL:

Could be worse. I made some Salsa Verde awhile back, and had to much Serrano in it. Wait, allow me to correct myself. I left out half the tomatillos I've been using it on all sorts of things, and find it to be really good. Of course, because it's so hot, the kids and my other half won't touch it.

I haven't tried the Tabasco Chipotle yet. I may have to. Of course, I'm thinking about making some Salsa Verde using Chipotles instead of Serranos.

Many years ago, Tabasco was one of the only pepper sauces readily available to the masses via local supermarkets, & a spicy heat-lover like me lapped it up along with everyone else.

These days, however, I haven't bought Tabasco in YEARS, as compared to other pepper sauces I find it more heat than flavor. I haven't tried their Chipotle version yet, but find their original & green Jalapeno disappointing when compared to other concoctions with more pepper flavor rather than just heat.

To be honest, if I want Chipotle flavor, I'll just use regular Chipotles in Adobe sauce, which I always have on hand.

GB said:
I like it, but it is not one of my favorite hot sauces. I have a big bottle of it tough so I reach for it pretty often.

My 2 year old daughter loves it too and will just eat it with her finger and nothing else :LOL:

WOW... heh.. 2 years old.:ohmy: My kind of kid... very cute. :-p

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

:) A few squirts of chipotle hot sauce adds a bit of a zing to my red chili enchilada sauce love it I also love the regular Cholula Sauce I went thru a 1/2 bottle the first time I tried it on tacos as I had no salsa not too hot but really tasty.

This stuff is just too freakin' good! Put in on peanut butter & blackberry jam sammies. We can stand in the kitchen with a tube of saltines (or two), a jar of peanut butter, and bottle of this stuff and make that dinner. I'm a big fan!

Harborwitch said:
This stuff is just too freakin' good! Put in on peanut butter & blackberry jam sammies. We can stand in the kitchen with a tube of saltines (or two), a jar of peanut butter, and bottle of this stuff and make that dinner. I'm a big fan!

EeEeEeEeEw!

I make hot sauce because of all the peppers I grow and love to eat. Hot, Hot, Hot. Any hot sauce is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Tobasco's Chipotle Pepper Sauce also makes a really good Bloody Mary, not that I am trying to add to you addiction. I recently bought Bufalo brand Chipotle Mexican Hot Sauce. It is like a spicy A-1 sauce. Not as smoky as I would have liked but really good.

I absolutely love smoked peppers and peppers in general, even the mild ones.

Enjoy,
Bryan

I like this brand of Chipotle Sauce. The name is a bit gimmicky (as are all of their products), but fun. However, it’s HOT. They add habaneros to it.

My favorite sauce from them is this one. Very good, hot, and funny to boot. I love this on hot wings.

I’ve not tried this or this yet, but they seem fun as well.....albeit dangerously hot!

Last edited:
I grow my own chilis and make my own sauce with it, it`s several orders of magnitude Hotter than tobasco, but has a nicer aroma and we get though about 2.5 litres a year.

who cares, it`s not "Sick" it`s Good for you :)

bknox said:
Tobasco's Chipotle Pepper Sauce also makes a really good Bloody Mary, not that I am trying to add to you addiction. I recently bought Bufalo brand Chipotle Mexican Hot Sauce. It is like a spicy A-1 sauce. Not as smoky as I would have liked but really good.

I absolutely love smoked peppers and peppers in general, even the mild ones.

Enjoy,
Bryan

My parents used to get it and I would dare myself to try it and bit by bit I used it on more and more stuff. This was over 20 years ago in Southern California when I was in my teens. Good flavor too. The local store stopped caring the buffalo brand sauce and I could not get it up here with out ordering a case so I simply just didn't have it. Later that year the Tabasco brand came out. Although not as hot the flavor was great.

Funny thing about chipolte sauce is that almost 'everyone' think its a type of pepper not that it is just smoked red jalapeños.

Well thank you for the flash back down memory lane! :cool:

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

Back
Top Bottom