Garlic in a bottle question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NisAznMonk

Assistant Cook
Is garlic salt the same as powdered garlic? I'm attempting to make a tuna salad sandwich later today :ROFLMAO:

pre-toasted bread
1can of drained tuned
1 heaping tbsp of mayo
1 tbsp dill relish (or celery)
1 tbsp brown mustard
small sprinkle of powdered garlic
mix to nice creamy, but not too creamy
I've got the celery, but I'm not too confident that I can cut it down into really small pieces. Are there any tools besides the usual knife that you would suggest? :LOL:

Garlic powder and garlic salt are two different critters. Garlic powder is dried and powdered garlic, usually with no other additions. Garlic salt contains salt. I have both on my pantry shelf and they each have their place when cooking.

You can use either in your tuna salad, but use less regular salt if you use garlic salt. Enjoy.

Garlic salt is granulated dried garlic and SALT. So, no, it's not the same.

Look for garlic powder, which should be just dried, ground garlic.

Also - dried "granulated garlic" is different from "garlic powder". You may want to try both & decide which you prefer, as it's really just personal preference.

I really dislike garlic powder - too fine & tends to clump. The granulated type is more free flowing & I find it has a better garlic flavor.

But again - just personal preference.

As far as "garlic salt", as others have stated, it's a different animal, being dried (granulated or powdered) garlic combined with salt. I never bother with it because I can always make my own from granulated garlic & salt to taste.

I've got the celery, but I'm not too confident that I can cut it down into really small pieces. Are there any tools besides the usual knife that you would suggest? :LOL:

Hi. I got a V-slicer from Target similar to this, but not nearly as expensive:

Börner V-Slicer Pro - White : Target

After you do the julienne cut, you can slice the pieces into tiny minced pieces. Great for stir fries. I also like the thin slice attachment for au gratin potatoes. Can't believe it took me so long to get one :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom