Quick & Easy Chicken Divan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
DH steamed a big bunch of broccoli the other night, and we had it as a side for two meals. I didn't want it to go to waste, and he didn't feel like cooking last night, so I added a 12.5 oz can of Tyson chicken chunks (I like the kind with both light and dark meat), a can of drained mushrooms, some chopped sweet red pepper I had in the freezer (you could sub a small jar of pimentos), a can each of cream of mushroom soup and cream of mushroom soup, and about 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. We had a couple strips of bacon left from breakfast, and DH chopped it up and put it on top, and the casserole went into a 350 oven, covered, for about 35 minutes.
It only took about 15 minutes to put together, and was really good!

I've bought canned chicken before, but I was really impressed by the Tyson chicken chunks...they were big juicy pieces, and quite delectable.

That sounds great. I have used the Tyson canned chicken for a recipe and was also pleasantly surprised. The other brand I like is Swanson. I was not fond of the Hormel I bought, that stuff looked like tuna instead of chicken.

Back
Top Bottom