Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Our Community Featured on Killer Startups! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/our-community-featured-on-killer-startups-57801.html)

Andy R 05-21-2009 10:50 AM

Our Community Featured on Killer Startups!

It has been brought to our attention that our community has been featured on KillerStartups.com. Let's vote for Discuss Cooking and show them how much we love the site. Please vote for "Survive" since we know that will happen and we don't really want any of the other options to come true. Also, it would be nice if you left a nice comment letting others know your thoughts about our community.

Here is a link to where you can vote and post comments:
Discusscooking.com - Cooking & Community Forum | Visit discusscooking.

GB 05-21-2009 10:54 AM

That is very cool! It will be fun to see us rise in the ranks.

kadesma 05-21-2009 02:08 PM

Off to do my part:lol: VOTE,vote vote:lol: Come on everyone follow me!
kades

katybar22 05-21-2009 02:17 PM

I voted and commented, then read the post above mine :ohmy: . It seems we have 1 unhappy camper. Oh well, every part has a pooper, right?

Andy R 05-21-2009 03:07 PM

Very cool, nice to see so many people comment. For those who have complained, I'd like to ask you to consider how difficult it is to manage discussions among so many broad minded people. Our team might not be perfect but they try very hard to keep the peace and this can be very hard sometimes. I'd like to take this time to show my support for the team and to also acknowledge the complaints. We are constantly working to evolve as a team and keep DC pointed in the right direction. We honestly take time to self reflect after issues arise and learn from our mistakes. DC has been and will continue to be one of the finest cooking discussion boards on the net!

katybar22 05-21-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 823019)
Very cool, nice to see so many people comment. For those who have complained, I'd like to ask you to consider how difficult it is to manage discussions among so many broad minded people. Our team might not be perfect but they try very hard to keep the peace and this can be very hard sometimes. I'd like to take this time to show my support for the team and to also acknowledge the complaints. We are constantly working to evolve as a team and keep DC pointed in the right direction. We honestly take time to self reflect after issues arise and learn from our mistakes. DC has been and will continue to be one of the finest cooking discussion boards on the net!

:clap: Thank you all for what you do!!

Scotch 05-21-2009 03:17 PM

Interesting to see how many hits this site has. I guess it's a good thing they don't all join or we would have to spend all day just scrolling through the messages!

Uncle Bob 05-21-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotch (Post 823022)
Interesting to see how many hits this site has. I guess it's a good thing they don't all join or we would have to spend all day just scrolling through the messages!

Well Scotch I guess they could make us a Welcoming Committee....You grab a bottle of Scotch, I'd grab a bottle of bourbon...and Awaaaaay we'd go!!:lol:

Andy R 05-21-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob (Post 823058)
Well Scotch I guess they could make us a Welcoming Committee....You grab a bottle of Scotch, I'd grab a bottle of bourbon...and Awaaaaay we'd go!!:lol:

One sip per visitor? Sounds like you all won't remember much after greeting all of them!

SRL 05-21-2009 09:29 PM

Went and voted. Some good comments on there. Interesting that for every complaint about moderators, there's another one that says it's a plus. How's that go? "... all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time." :lol: