Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Food Shows, News and Media (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f147/)
-   -   "Aces of cakes question" (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f147/aces-of-cakes-question-58598.html)

Chile Chef 06-30-2009 08:26 PM

"Aces of cakes question"

Ok every time one of them enters the cake challenge, They seem to lose pretty big, and never win, However their cakes seem to rock on they're show.

Anyways does anyone else notice this too? Or is it just me?

jet 06-30-2009 08:56 PM

I'm not sure how well they work under a time crunch.

Chile Chef 06-30-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 832777)
I'm not sure how well they work under a time crunch.

From what I've seen on all the challenges, they can't work on a time crunch even though they're super talented.

LPBeier 06-30-2009 09:13 PM

Duff won his fifth try at the Food Network Challenge. It was "Cereal Skylines" and he did, of course, Baltimore. Elizabeth Falkner (who I really like and "get her work" has never won once) called him on the fact he used a dowel in his skyscraper and he was bummed out but fixed it and took the $10,000.

He fully admits that he didn't plan out his cakes before (like the boat that totally fell over) and so that one he practiced several times to get the timing and technique down.

I have only seen Duff on the challenges and none of the other staff, and Duff hasn't been on since he became "famous" on his own show. Can I look forward to seeing Geoff and/or others? Here in Canuckville (for Casper's sake) we get the episodes months (even a year) after the US.

Chile Chef 06-30-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 832783)
Duff won his fifth try at the Food Network Challenge. It was "Cereal Skylines" and he did, of course, Baltimore. Elizabeth Falkner (who I really like and "get her work" has never won once) called him on the fact he used a dowel in his skyscraper and he was bummed out but fixed it and took the $10,000.

He fully admits that he didn't plan out his cakes before (like the boat that totally fell over) and so that one he practiced several times to get the timing and technique down.

I have only seen Duff on the challenges and none of the other staff, and Duff hasn't been on since he became "famous" on his own show. Can I look forward to seeing Geoff and/or others? Here in Canuckville (for Casper's sake) we get the episodes months (even a year) after the US.

I agree with you on every account, If Anna/Ben wasn't so busy they would have won I think. I really like Anna, and I really like that one lady, Shes cute short and pudgy, Her hair is blonde and she makes good cakes.

I wish I knew her name brimer or something like that!

LPBeier 06-30-2009 09:31 PM

So Anna and Ben did a challenge? Well, now I know they lost but would still like to watch it. What was the challenge name?

Chile Chef 06-30-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 832789)
So Anna and Ben did a challenge? Well, now I know they lost but would still like to watch it. What was the challenge name?

I really don't want to give out any more clues, I feel bad I;ve let the cat out of the bag by them losing.

However if you still like to know I will tell you.

LPBeier 06-30-2009 09:46 PM

Yes, I want to know which episode so I can watch. I am used to knowing who wins/loses but I still like watching the cakes, specially if it is someone I "know".

Don't worry, you didn't ruin it for me. I am excited to know they were on one! Just don't tell me who DID win!

Chile Chef 06-30-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 832798)
Yes, I want to know which episode so I can watch. I am used to knowing who wins/loses but I still like watching the cakes, specially if it is someone I "know".

Don't worry, you didn't ruin it for me. I am excited to know they were on one! Just don't tell me who DID win!

The theme is Ice age, Ice age from the movie.

"That was a good movie by the way"

Chile Chef 07-06-2009 08:02 PM

Yeah, Duff finally won a cake challenge :)