What's for Dinner, Wednesday June 7th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, it is barely Wednesday here but I thought I would get this started.

Dinner tonight is one of the few times DH and I get to eat together these days.

I am thinking Mexican. I took some ground beef and the last of my enchilada sauce out of the freezer and may make enchiladas, or some kind of Mexican salad - it's supposed to be another hot day tomorrow.

What are your dinner plans?

I just put a pork butt in the slow cooker for pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and we'll have cantalope, potato salad, cucumbers and onions, with the sandwiches.

well, I have been unexpectedly deserted....the boys just left for a two day motorcycle ride and I have a lot of food in the fridge. Gonna see how scalloped chicken and carrot cake will freeze, but think I will deal with the lemon meringue pie on my own:mrgreen:

bethzaring said:
Gonna see how scalloped chicken and carrot cake will freeze, but think I will deal with the lemon meringue pie on my own

:( Sorry I didn't make it for D-Zert last evening....About two miles out I hit a big pot hole, and broke a wheel on the Chuck Wagon..By the time I got it to a blacksmith for repairs...it was just too late to go on....Sounds like the Lemon Meringue Pie is a gonner!;)

Supper tonight? I don't have a clue...

left over pork country style ribs. maybe in the form of taco or burrito.don't know what else. if i do tacos, it counts as a salad. my plans for dinner changed when daughter called and said she could not come down for dinner. to much work. tomorrow is her fifty birthday. next week it should be dinner and cake. my bday is july 12, so we will do both.

Leftovers from last night's dinner... savory cheese filled crepes (flour, milk, eggs, salt) and manicotti shells, filled with home made ricotta, It. cheese blend, seasoning, egg, baked in a bed of alfredo sauce; mini Italian meat loaves (It. sausage, hamburger and other stuff that I use for meatballs) with a tomato sauce (carrots, onion, green pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel, crushed red pepper, paprika, pureed after slow cooking a couple of hours); served with sauteed mushrooms w/thyme.

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 184
Today will be kept simple for us, baked herb chicken, probably some boiled potatoes, steamed squash and cranberry sauce.

Pork Butt

I just put a pork butt in the slow cooker for pulled pork BBQ sandwiches and we'll have cantalope, potato salad, cucumbers and onions, with the sandwiches.

My husband loves these sort of meals but I have little experience with it. When I go look in the pork section I'm not sure what to pick up, though I know what to do after that. You said pork butt, are there other types of cuts? And this is really dumb, but does it say pork butt on the package? I literally have no experience so I have no idea. :pig:

I have chicken thighs marinating and some corn to toss on the grill later. Yum.

Kathleen mentioned something about string beans with tomato but if she doesn't do that I have the other half of the asparagus to raft and can toss that on the grill as well.

Fresh Pink-Eye Purple Hulls.......
Fresh Yellow Squash........
Fresh D'maters........
Fresh Cayenne and Jalapeno peppers.........
Fresh Kone Braid..........
Ice cold slices of Vidalia Onion, Cucumbers....
Fresh Frozen Cube Steaks...maybe with a little white gravy.
Chocolate Ice Cream...........

My husband loves these sort of meals but I have little experience with it. When I go look in the pork section I'm not sure what to pick up, though I know what to do after that. You said pork butt, are there other types of cuts? And this is really dumb, but does it say pork butt on the package? I literally have no experience so I have no idea. :pig:

The word 'butt' should be on the label somewhere. Could be Boston Butt, shoulder butt etc. If you're unsure, ask someone in the meat department. They are usually very glad to help you out. Bone in or boneless, take what you can get. A whole butt usually runs around 7-8 pounds.

The word 'butt' should be on the label somewhere. Could be Boston Butt, shoulder butt etc. If you're unsure, ask someone in the meat department. They are usually very glad to help you out. Bone in or boneless, take what you can get. A whole butt usually runs around 7-8 pounds.

Thank you so much! I'll surprise my husband one night. :rolleyes:

I was just informed by DW that she was gonna cook some Oak-Ree....So in addition to the afore mentioned repast.. I shall also have Berled Oak-Ree........

Bonelss, skinelss chicken breast, grilled, apsaragus, rice, and a salad.

LP - it actually wasn't that bad either. :ohmy:

Ask for pork butt or pork shoulder...The butcher can guide you. I get boneless and cook most of the night in a slow cooker. next morning take two forks and pull meat apart. It's great I let family add bbq sauce.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom