Wednesday 12/14/2011 What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Did I miss the meal thread for today? If so sorry and please merge.

Roasted bone in chicken breasts, quartered small red & Yukon potatoes, onion and sliced mushroom caps. Seasoned with my AP seasoning blend, rosemary, thyme and rubbed sage. It smells wonderful in here. Microwave steamed fresh broccoli & carrots and gravy round out the meal.

img_1083702_0_dd4b197129e6550b4e283a4d5188da6a.jpg

Yummy and lovely, MM!

Tuna salad. Trying to counteract the holiday goodies.

MM, I can't make your photo bigger. I click and get an error message. This saves my screen from the lick marks, but I'm wondering what your photo service is now, and if it changed. I have always been able to expand and admire your pics before. Might be something on my end too.

MM, I can't make your photo bigger. I click and get an error message. This saves my screen from the lick marks, but I'm wondering what your photo service is now, and if it changed. I have always been able to expand and admire your pics before. Might be something on my end too.
Photobucket as always. Mine gets bigger. IE and firefox have zoom options.

We went out for dinner to a moderately up-scale Italian restaurant. We began with Eggplant caponata bruschettas for starters, and our server brought complimentary stuffed mushrooms, one for each of us.
My main course was a Pappardelle ( really wide pasta strips) with house smoked braised pork , mushrooms, herbs in a really flavorful tomato sauce.
When it came time for dessert, we were just going to have coffee. Somehow my arm was twisted and we shared possibly the largest plate of Tiramasu I have ever seen. It was also possibly the best tasting one I have eaten too.

The enlarge function works for me, Dawg. Another mouth watering pic, Msm.

We had Salisbury Steak on steroids tonight.
I blended an egg, s&p, into the ground chuck and made four thin patties, topping two of them with Swiss cheese and topped each with another patty, sealing the edges. I browned them in a skillet, and put them in a 350 oven to finish cooking. To the drippings I cooked some mushrooms, bell pepper & onion till tender and added flour, cooking the flour for a couple of minutes. I added beef broth, some Gravy Master, and a few shakes of Worcestershire and cooked till thickened. I plated the stuffed patties along side some mashed taters, and poured the glorified gravy over everything.. Salad was the green contribution. Such an "old school" dinner and just as good and fattening as ever!

The enlarge function works for me, Dawg. Another mouth watering pic, Msm.

We had Salisbury Steak on steroids tonight.
I blended an egg, s&p, into the ground chuck and made four thin patties, topping two of them with Swiss cheese and topped each with another patty, sealing the edges. I browned them in a skillet, and put them in a 350 oven to finish cooking. To the drippings I cooked some mushrooms, bell pepper & onion till tender and added flour, cooking the flour for a couple of minutes. I added beef broth, some Gravy Master, and a few shakes of Worcestershire and cooked till thickened. I plated the stuffed patties along side some mashed taters, and poured the glorified gravy over everything.. Salad was the green contribution. Such an "old school" dinner and just as good and fattening as ever!
Thank you Kay. You dinner sound wonderful.

Try to aim for simple in between holiday excesses. Scrambled eggs (I even had some fresh herbs not yet frozen to death quite yet to add), hash browns, and bacon. I'm never happy with my hash brown in recent years, but these were better than usual. But I think I'll go to home fries/cottage fries. Less trouble, turn out crispy every time.

once again you're making me hungry, mofet. nice job on those taters and shrooms.

we worked at the school holiday fare this afternoon, helping to sell little trinket type items for the kids to buy for their parents and other relatives.

on the way home, we stopped in a rebuilt fire house that now serves as an italian restaurant, and all had salads, then the sliced steak on garlic crostini with a side of fries.

Made lasagna tonight, at DD's put half in the freezer for another night. She likes having meals in the freezer as her DH works evenings and if she doesn't have things prepared ahead of time, and she doesn't feel like cooking for one, ( toddler eats like a bird) she ends up eating cereal or junk. I an happy to help get get some meals in the freezer.

Last night my wife made Italian veal stew with peas and served it with loads of ricotta gnocchi it was so good I proposed again:yum::yum::yum:

once again you're making me hungry, mofet. nice job on those taters and shrooms.

we worked at the school holiday fare this afternoon, helping to sell little trinket type items for the kids to buy for their parents and other relatives.

on the way home, we stopped in a rebuilt fire house that now serves as an italian restaurant, and all had salads, then the sliced steak on garlic crostini with a side of fries.
Thank you bucky. The split breasts were HUGE. We had half of one each. They are on sale at shop-rite $1.29/lb. I think they are still on sale. There were 5 breasts and we got 2 meals (4 servings each). The first night I fried 3 breasts. BUT ..... The chicken hawk UMMMMMMMMMM the CAT liked it also!! My girl put two 1/2 breasts in a ziploc bag and left it on the table. The cat ripped a hole in the bag got one 1/2 breast out of the bag and took it to his dish to eat it!! :LOL:

Santa's Workshop? I used to help out on those.

Back
Top Bottom