Saturday the 21st. What's On The Table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
When I was a kid and living in the Brighton section of Boston, hot dogs and beans was the standard Saturday night dinner. Mom would heat up a big can of B&M baked beans and boil some hot dogs.

That was then. This is now.

Now we are having shrimp risotto and green beans sautéed with shallots and mushrooms. The dish was inspired by the seafood risotto recipe posted here earlier but will be a simpler version focused on the shrimp as the seafood component.

I'm playing around with my 15 year old, newly rediscovered Nesco roaster, and trying to make a dent in a10 lb bag of potatoes (thanks to DH), and an overabundance of ham.

Scalloped potatoes and ham for tonight and for the next few weeks....

Saturday is the only night I have a chance to indulge in cooking.

Spanish style roast chicken with romesco sauce, saffron rice with chickpeas and olives, Canlis salad (romaine, mint oregano, scallions, romano, bacon, cherry tomatos),

Breaded boneless pork loin chop, microwave steamed and buttered fresh spinach, Caeser salad (Dole brand salad kit with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and anchovies added)

img_1130929_0_37f04d647bf5ae5383908f652a194a7d.jpg

Root beer float (Trader Joe’s coffee ice cream) for dessert

img_1130929_1_56d6368e1b998875cd4e1918df3d79dc.jpg

Bad pictures tonight. I was too hungry to put a lot of effort in to photography tonight.

Cold Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread
Cucumbers that are living in Black Pepper and Red Wine Vinegar
Cantaloupe
Garden Salad

View attachment 13547 View attachment 13548

Last edited:
My wife made a pot of Santa Fe Chicken soup and I made roasted garlic and chives drop biscuits to go with it. It was perfect since the weather here in MI WAS RATHER CRAPPY! cold and windy all day.

Our version of eggplant parm. We got tired of the glumpy casserole style, so we make "stacks" of two slices only. IMO, much lighter and tastier. The eggplant was from our garden. A little pasta on the side.

Saturday:

I played around with Gravy Queen´s substitute buttermilk chicken recipe ...

However, we had risotto with fresh shrimp ...

Dinner: REAL MADRID AND BARCELONA SOCCER MATCH ... we shared some tapas with our wines.

Margi.

Still not feeling well so I had my procuitto sandwich from yesterday and some yogurt. I made DH hot dogs (gulten/dairy/soy free/taste free ;)) for lunch but was not able to eat mine (regular beef). He took a chicken skewer dinner from the freezer for his work meal.

Back
Top Bottom