Dinner! Saturday, August 12, 2023 - What's on the menu!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I love living in this area because of the seafood! Tonight, we had sauteed softshell crabs with garden potatoes and cherry tomatoes, corn, and refrigerator pickles. I tried to do the smashed potatoes, but these potatoes have very little starch and simply crumbled. Dinner was still very good! What was on your plate?

20230812_173256 (1).jpg

I made a curry today, and started with some white chickpeas, and some barley, cooked in the Instant Pot. While that was cooking, I cut up all the vegetables, and blended up about 12 oz of tomatoes. When it was cooked, I removed it to a metal bowl, then sautéed the onions a few minutes in some oil, followed by the garlic and ginger, then added the tomatoes. Plus, I added some of the pav bhanji masala that I make, and let that cook down until very thick, then added the chickpeas and barley back in, along with the okra (also some mushrooms, I forgot about), and cooked that down about 10 minutes, then added the cut up long beans and eggplant. Cooked those about 15 minutes, then added the tarka - mustard seed, cumin seed, dried chilis, curry leaves, and asafoetida, cooked in oil in that order. I thought I photographed the bowl I served, but I must have forgotten it!
Curry, with the tarka on top, ready to stir in. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
There were thunderstorms and we both felt "migrainish". Thankfully full fledged migraines did not develop, but we both felt like one could happen any minute. So, we ordered hot subs from Toasties. They were very good. It's a bit limited what we can order. We are both eliminating nightshades for a few weeks.

WoW! Everyone's meals look simply fantastic!
Trying to reduce the over abundance with those sausages of my DIL. roasted them up in the toaster oven with some potato wedges, along with some steamed brussels topped with some little tomatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom