Chile Brings Us Icon Wines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Buonasera, Ladies and Gentlemen,

Steve and I had been discussing Argentinian Malbec Reds this afternoon, and the Malbec Grape, had come up, that it is also grown in Chile ... This information, had activated me to provide a thread on the Chilean Wines I have tasted and recommend:

CHILE´s ICONIC WINES :yum:

1) Almaviva: an opulent chocolaty Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenère blend from Chile´s Concha y Toro Winery and France´s Winery Baroness Phillippine de Rothschild.

2) Clos Apalta: An elegant Merlot and Carmenère merger that is the work of the French Oenologist Michel Rolland.

3) Montes Purple Angel: Almost 100% Carmenère grape, with notes of lush cherry fruit.

chilean whites ... :)

1) Santa Rita Floresta is a lovely white Sauvignon Blanc from the D.O.C. of Leyda. It possesses fruity notes of lime and citrus.

2) EQ Sauvignon Blanc: This white is produced by Matetic Winery and hosts a minerally finish.

3) Casa Marín Gerwürztraminer: This German white semi sweet grape is a rare find in Chile. However, this floral yet dry refreshing wine, has proven that this grape can do quite well in Chile.

Look forward to hearing about your Chilean Wine experiences.

Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao. Margi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone having a Chilean wine for July 1st Canada Day or the 4th of July ?

This post got lost ... in the shuffle ...

However, it has some interesting wines too !

Would like to know your views on wines from Chile ?

Margi.

Power Plan Top: Thanks for the Photos & Recipes

Buenas Tardes,

Firstly, the Chilean Malbec Varietal looks quite lovely ... Shall have to see if it is exported to Spain ... or a similar vintage from the wine estate ...

Let me know how it is ... :yum:

Your recipes look very nice and I shall make it a point to take a more serious look at all of them on Sunday morning ...

Have to run,

Have a lovely evening,
Ciao. Margi.

I remember my first glass of Concha y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon. I was at a favourite, neighbourhood restaurant and they sold wine by the bottle or glass. I was startled by how good it was.

I went to the SAQ and bought a bottle. There was about a foot of shelf space for this wine. The next week there was about two feet of shelf space. Soon there was 10 feet of shelf space for this delightful, bargain wine.

I occasionally buy a 4 litre box of it nowadays.

We buy Concha y Toro when we go to Mexico. Very nice wine, reasonably priced.

Back
Top Bottom