Facebook heads up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea. Make themselves feel more important?

I'm trying to get everyone to switch to Google+. I am so annoyed with FB and being their product.
TL, I am on Google+, haven't used it much but am there if you want to find me! :)

If you have a Facebook account, Facebook has given you an email address in the approximate format: 123456@facebook.com.

Today, they made that the default email address shown in your profile, if you show an email address in your profile, for everyone.

More info here:
Facebook Changed Everyone's Email to @Facebook.com; Here's How to Fix It
If they show that address and you don't use it - don't access it or put it into your Outlook or other mail program, you shouldn't have to worry about people contacting you through it. The only thing it might do is bring them to your facebook page, but if you have tight security on that they still won't get any information. I have the same "ex" problem as you, roadfix!

facebook's goal is to be 'everything to everyone" online. that is that when you launch a browser, all you need to do is log in to facebook to get everything you need: info, video streaming, music, shopping, social(ism) networking, and so on.

all of your eggs in one nicely controlled basket.

it's as anti-american as you can get. zuckerbag should be ashamed of himself. i guess harvard doesn't teach american history, morality or business ethics.

Last edited:
Facebook wants to be Facebook-everything. If they had their way our forum would be Facebook.com/DiscussCooking ... You wouldn't be able to join this forum without a F'booked account.

I would rather do without the Internet than kiss the King's ring.

I've never had anything at all to do with Facebook. I've never had any account there because I know that they own you, own everything you've given them, everything you post, if you join their site.

Those of you who enjoy it, good luck. Good luck getting a divorce. Good luck when you discover that all your community property and everything else is owned by them.

I'm so happy I've never been a member, ever. They don't own a single piece of me.

Did you lose money Roadfix? I heard that FB was the most disappointing and unprofitable IPO in the last 10 years, after 1 week on the market. I haven't heard after the 1 week report if they turned around...

I've never had anything at all to do with Facebook. I've never had any account there because I know that they own you, own everything you've given them, everything you post, if you join their site.

Those of you who enjoy it, good luck. Good luck getting a divorce. Good luck when you discover that all your community property and everything else is owned by them.

I'm so happy I've never been a member, ever. They don't own a single piece of me.
That depends on your definition of own. You still hold the copyright. They can use the content, depending on your privacy settings. They had stricter rules about that when I signed up. Yes, I was an early adopter. Doesn't mean I like it.

My eyes must not be focusing correctly. I can't see the difference between what I said and what you said.

So post your privacy settings here. You share that, right? Share it. :)

greg, in real as well as legal terms, what you decide to post (or in some way input in any way) is the property of the place you entered it plain and simple. it an't yours anymore.

My eyes must not be focusing correctly. I can't see the difference between what I said and what you said.

So post your privacy settings here. You share that, right? Share it. :)
:smartass:

Privacy policy is what Facebook decides.

Privacy settings is what I decide: My posts are only visible to my friends, my contact information is only visible to some friends, my date of birth is only visible to me, etc.

Back
Top Bottom