Good Morning From North Wales.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Ive been a bit quite of late, this was to do with my dearly departed kidney stones were giving me gyp.
The fantastic Consultant Darth Vader spent 21'2 hours playing space invaders in my kidney on Tuesday morning and reported back to mission control he got all the klingons.
I have not been in a hospital for a long time and at times I have been critical of the NHS. The care and service was fantastic, every step of the way they explained the steps in detail.
Andy M the catheter was removed from me yesterday morning.I cannot contemplate what you went through.
The funniest moment was watching a nurse watching Harry eating a smoked salmon sandwich whilst observing the catheter tube and bag.His comment about needing a glass of Rose from the wine box was :LOL:

Ive been a bit quite of late, this was to do with my dearly departed kidney stones were giving me gyp.
The fantastic Consultant Darth Vader spent 21'2 hours playing space invaders in my kidney on Tuesday morning and reported back to mission control he got all the klingons.
I have not been in a hospital for a long time and at times I have been critical of the NHS. The care and service was fantastic, every step of the way they explained the steps in detail.
Andy M the catheter was removed from me yesterday morning.I cannot contemplate what you went through.
The funniest moment was watching a nurse watching Harry eating a smoked salmon sandwich whilst observing the catheter tube and bag.His comment about needing a glass of Rose from the wine box was :LOL:

I hope you are feeling better. At least they didn't remove your sense of humor.:flowers:

Yeah, but there's always a planetoid or asteroid in hiding, waiting to become the next kidney equivelent of a hemroid!:( I recently experienced the joy of living with a stint for a week, more or less. 5mm, pass go. 7mm that would be a big NO! The pain killers reinforced the "better living through chemistry" slogan of the '70s.:ermm:

I am a horrible patient, I bring my own supplies to remove items dangling from my orifices and other body parts.

Glad things are better Bolas, tell Harry he should be thinking Chardonnay when looking at a catheter bag, not a Rosé.

welcome back, my brother!!! you've been missed.

i'm glad to hear your space exlorations avoided uranus.

I'm glad you still have your sense of humor Bolas and I'm glad you're feeling better. Kidney stones are about as far from fun as a cardboard lean-to is from a galactic space ship.

I liked the funny comments the cheered me up a lot. I feel like I have taken a good beating from a body puncher (think rocky and the ribs of beef),the upside though is I stood in my normal spot to pee into the bog this morning and left the mark of Zorro on the toilet wall above the cistern.:)

Ah Bony, I missed you! Oh blimey you have my utmost sympathy, my Mum had kidney stones so I know what you have been through.

And, God Bless the NHS !!! It truly is a fantastic service, we've been frequenting hospitals for the past 18 months and I have nothing but praise and admiration for the whole system.

You should lend Harry out to keep patients company, but they would probably split their stitches.....:)

Hope you are feeling better each day now, here's to a speedy recovery. x

Thanks Gravy mate.I hope your use of the NHS was not to serious.
The euphoria of being home and stoneless has worn off now. I have never felt so weak and sore.I have to drink lots of water to flush the blood and stone bits out, it also dilutes the urine so the tubes that were damaged dont smart to much.I had about 3 hours sleep last night:cry:
The upside is I can start eating all the fruit and veg that I was not allowed for the last 16 months.My wife picked some of our own strawbs for last nights dinner, I had forgotten what an exquisite fruit they are.:yum:

oh, i'm sorry your hurtin', bolas. i am holding my crotch in support of your plight.

heyyyyy, i forgot about this.

be right back...

Back
Top Bottom