Enameled Cast Iron Mug Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noob Cook

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I have three questions about enameled cast iron mugs, and I could not find the answers on Google. Here are my questions and thanks in advance!

1. Do they retain heat longer, making your coffee stay hot longer?

2. Are the le Crueset mugs enameled over cast iron?

3. Are there any recommendations to great quality enameled cast iron mugs?

Cast iron mugs would retain heat for a long time if you heated them before filling them. I don't know if they hold heat longer than ceramic/stoneware mugs.

LeCrueset mugs are stoneware, not cast iron.

No recommendations.

Cast iron mugs would be quite heavy.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Just one more question, does the le Creuset stoneware mug retain heat longer than "normal" non-metal mugs? I can see the benefit of stainless steel, especially the thermal kinds, but they may get too hot when I hold it with my whole hand!

Just one more question, does the le Creuset stoneware mug retain heat longer than "normal" non-metal mugs? I can see the benefit of stainless steel, especially the thermal kinds, but they may get too hot when I hold it with my whole hand!

That's a difficult question to answer. The answer depends on several variables. The thickness of the material. Differences in materials vs. other mugs, etc.

I would expect all stoneware mugs to have similar properties. Buy ones that you think are pretty.

If you are looking for a mug to retain heat, I would try the vacuum stainless ones.

Cast iron holds heat longer than some other materials, but they would be very hot to hold.

The stainless mugs I have are double-insulated (and have a handle). They do not get any hotter than a ceramic mug if you like to hold your mug with both hands. At least, that is my experience. I have three of them...

Back
Top Bottom