Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Salads & Salad Dressings (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Looking for a good quinoa salad.. (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/looking-for-a-good-quinoa-salad-85119.html)

MichelleCindy 04-06-2013 11:12 PM

Looking for a good quinoa salad..

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good quinoa salad to make this week. I've had quinoa salad with cucumber, tomatos, olive oil, lemon, bell peppers, etc and really loved it. I would love any awesome variations on this greek style salad or something completely different, whatever you guys like. Any suggestions??:smile:

Zereh 04-06-2013 11:33 PM

This one is a favorite for lunches: Black Bean Quinoa Salad.

And though not technically a salad this Quinoa and Black Bean dish from Mark Bittman is fantastic as well.

Snip 13 04-07-2013 01:30 AM

I like adding the following to my quinoa salad:

Steamed and chopped zucchini, sugar snap peas, asparagus or artichoke hearts and carrots.

Some fresh chopped pineapple, baby leaf spinach, cherry tomatoes and watercress.

Dressed with a sundried tomato pesto dressing (just a few sundried tomatoes blended till smooth with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper and roasted garlic), some toasted pine nuts and shavings of parmesan.

TATTRAT 04-07-2013 01:38 AM

Dried Cranberries, crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds, thin sliced shallots and lightly wilted spinach. Splash of white balsamic and a little olive oil. It has always seemed to go over pretty well. The shallots add a nice sharpness to the otherwise sweet flavors going on.

CWS4322 04-07-2013 08:02 AM

cumin-scented roasted sweet potatoes, lime zest, dried cranberries.

MichelleCindy 04-09-2013 12:16 PM

Wow, these are awesome, thanks so much for the input!

4meandthem 04-09-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 1256229)
Dried Cranberries, crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds, thin sliced shallots and lightly wilted spinach. Splash of white balsamic and a little olive oil. It has always seemed to go over pretty well. The shallots add a nice sharpness to the otherwise sweet flavors going on.

That sounds great!

Cooking Goddess 04-09-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 1256229)

Tattrat, that sounds like something that would go perfectly with my leftover grilled chicken breasts. Do you toast either the walnuts or sunflower seeds or do you use them raw? Thanks!

Zereh 04-09-2013 09:43 PM

I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds pretty darn tasty: Thai-Style Chicken & Quinoa Salad