Wednesday Eats..Nov 5/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Here is one to make the purists squirm..Cajun Carbonara. Home made Chorizo, red peppers, a bit of diced fresh Jalapeno
aDmsSCd.jpg

Oooh....looks and sounds good, Rock!

I bought a nice pork shoulder roast today, and after browning it on high in the Nesco roaster, I turned the heat down to slow cook and it's doing it's thing. A loaded up salad will accompany.

I love my Nesco roaster - it does everything from high heat roasting to slow cooking all in one.

Last edited:
Since I'm out of town for 10 days for work, there is no cooking for me. I ordered pizza in tonight, and cheesecake for dessert. The menu said "best cheesecake in town" and I have to say, I took a couple bites and it was really fantastic, the delivery guy told me that a local lady made them.

I'm only on day 3 and I'm sick of eating out, even though every place we've gone here, chain or otherwise has been very good.

We had burgers tonight. Mine was a 9-10 oz. patty seasoned with Weber's Chicago steak seasoning, grilled to medium and topped with genoa salami and provolone. The bun was dressed with Hellmann's, pickled jalapenos, onion and tomato. A Sam Adams washed it all down nicely.

Here is one to make the purists squirm..Cajun Carbonara. Home made Chorizo, red peppers, a bit of diced fresh Jalapeno

It may not be pure but I could go for that!

I'm only on day 3 and I'm sick of eating out, even though every place we've gone here, chain or otherwise has been very good.

It gets old fast. That is why I stay in places with a kitchen and bring a "few" tools with me.

The photo is from a few nights back but I had Ma Po Tofu.

Ma Po Tofu by powerplantop, on Flickr

Last edited:
aDmsSCd.jpg

Double YUMM......you're speaking my language Rock!

Oooh....looks and sounds good, Rock!

I bought a nice pork shoulder roast today, and after browning it on high in the Nesco roaster, I turned the heat down to slow cook and it's doing it's thing. A loaded up salad will accompany.

I love my Nesco roaster - it does everything from high heat roasting to slow cooking all in one.

Cheryl, I've had my little 6 qt. Nesco roaster for more than 20 years and I couldn't do without it, especially at the holidays. I use it for my mashed potatoes, or my dressing, or any other side that I might be making, and I can keep the oven free for the turkey or ham. I like it sooo much better than a crockpot because of the wide range of temperatures, and nothing ever has that "weird" taste I find with a crock pot. It's still going strong after all these years, and I could never do without it.

Dinner tonight is fabulous leftover lobster from last night's dinner. :mrgreen:
I'll be doing classic Lobster Rolls, and I prepared the chunked lobster early in the day to blend the flavors of mayo, celery with some leaves, fresh chopped chives, some fresh lemon, and a couple splashes of fish sauce.
Butter toasted top split Kings Hawaiian rolls will be used, because we don't have the classic rolls on the left coast. They worked really well last year when we did them. Clam chowder will go with them. :yum:

I'll be doing classic Lobster Rolls, and I prepared the chunked lobster early in the day to blend the flavors of mayo, celery with some leaves, fresh chopped chives, some fresh lemon, and a couple splashes of fish sauce.
Butter toasted top split Kings Hawaiian rolls will be used, because we don't have the classic rolls on the left coast. They worked really well last year when we did them. Clam chowder will go with them. :yum:
Kayelle as usual improved the chowder by adding a can of clams and clam juice.
The lobster rolls were fantastic, and there was enough left for lunch tomorrow!! YUM

Here is one to make the purists squirm..Cajun Carbonara. Home made Chorizo, red peppers, a bit of diced fresh Jalapeno.
Did it taste good? Yes? Well then, that's ALL that counts!

We had salad and stuffed acorn squash. Made an onion-sausage bread stuffing. Yummy, but not really filling. The squash was small, and we each had half. Thinking of making late-night munchies - a bedtime snack. Probably a couple scrambled eggs for us to share, using up some leftover ham from the subs on Saturday.

Creole crawfish, tasso, corn, red and green bell pepper, carrot, onion chowder. Still working on the 80 lb of crawfish I brought back from LA several months ago. Cooked them, twisted off the heads and froze tails still in shells.

Last edited:
Double YUMM......you're speaking my language Rock!

Cheryl, I've had my little 6 qt. Nesco roaster for more than 20 years and I couldn't do without it, especially at the holidays. I use it for my mashed potatoes, or my dressing, or any other side that I might be making, and I can keep the oven free for the turkey or ham. I like it sooo much better than a crockpot because of the wide range of temperatures, and nothing ever has that "weird" taste I find with a crock pot. It's still going strong after all these years, and I could never do without it.

Yum, lobster rolls...! Sounds fabulous.

I hear ya on the Nesco, Kay. I couldn't do without my 6 qt. either. It's so nice to be able to sear a nice chunk of meat at 450, then turn the heat down to slow cook, all in the same appliance. I gave my crock pots away years ago and just use the Nesco. :)

Back
Top Bottom