Happy Chanukah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
For those who are starting to celebrate the Festival of Lights tonight:

Wishing you every happiness at Chanukah and a year filled with many blessings.

Happy Chanukah!

Attachments

• Chanukah-menorah-one.jpg
    Chanukah-menorah-one.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 234
Thanks! What a lovely thought. I don't espouse any particular religion, but try to embrace them all.

I wished my dear Sous Chef Happy Chanukah tonight too. He has an electric Menorah in the window and a lovely real one burning bright with the first two candles in the dining room.

Last edited:
Happy Chanukah everybody. It is not just a holiday of lights, it is the celebration of victory of good over evil, may Good always prevail for all of us.

Charlie, as you have seen over the years, Christmas has become so commercialized. It is now all about presents and spending.

Has any of this crept into Chanukah? I hope not. I have always loved the story of the tradition and why the celebration exists.

Happy Chanukah to all our friends of the Jewish faith. :angel:

Unfortunately it did, Addi. It is Chanukah tradition to gift kids with some money, there two reasons for it, and thus chocolate coins are popular this time of year. Of course if you already giving kid money, why not give the whole present? Sadly the original message is lost.

Unfortunately it did, Addi. It is Chanukah tradition to gift kids with some money, there two reasons for it, and thus chocolate coins are popular this time of year. Of course if you already giving kid money, why not give the whole present? Sadly the original message is lost.
And now there is "Mensch on a Bench" to compete with Elf on a Shelf...

Blessings to you and yours in the year to come, CharlieD.

Happy Chanukah everybody. It is not just a holiday of lights, it is the celebration of victory of good over evil, may Good always prevail for all of us.
Sorry if I offended you, CharlieD, I only wanted to honour that Chanukah had started, send wishes out to those celebrating Chanukah, and to respect that.

I only know it as the Festival of Lights. No offense intended for not understanding that it is more than that--please forgive my ignorance (do you light the first light from the left or the right? I thought it was from the left, but the pic I found has it on the right...).

Blessings to you and yours, CharlieD.

Offended? What are you talking about? I really have no idea where you got that idea. On the opposite, I really appreciate the fact that you brought his up.
You light from the right to left, just like Hebrew writing.

Offended? What are you talking about? I really have no idea where you got that idea. On the opposite, I really appreciate the fact that you brought his up.
You light from the right to left, just like Hebrew writing.

:LOL::LOL: I just love someone who has a great sense of humor. Thanks Charlie for giving me my laugh for the day. :angel:

Nope...bewildered and befuddled here.

Have none of you ever seen a Jewish person reading? Unlike the rest of the world, they start to read on the right side of a page toward the left and read at the last page of a book toward our front. He is telling CWS that like Jewish folks, she has a sense of humor like his folks, she does it backwards. Whatever "it" may be. Even if it may be an insult by the standards of the rest of us.

It is one of the times, when you have to be there to understand. CWS has a sense of humor that is backwards like the Jewish folks. :angel:

The Japanese read the same way, I guess I just never found it to be funny or something to laugh about.

The Japanese read the same way, I guess I just never found it to be funny or something to laugh about.

It was the mesnch for the bench that was funny. Charlie got it right away, as I did. A mensch is someone that stick their nose into other folks business. AS the Elf on a Shelf for those celebrating Christmas, a Mensch does it for Chanukah. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom