Frozen yoghurt that tastes like ice cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fiziwizi

Assistant Cook
So a while back I ate some frozen yogurt somewhere (cant remember where) which tasted less like yogurt and more like ice cream. However whenever I try to make frozen yogurt at home, it always tastes 'yogurty', and tangy. Does anyone know how I can make non-tangy frozen yogurt? Are there any 'flavourless' brands of yogurt that do not taste of much so I can add my own flavour?

If not, is there anything I can do to the yogurt itself to get rid of the tanginess? Eating ice cream is not much of a option for me at the minute so I would love to be able to make some ice-cream tasting frozen yogurt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

So a while back I ate some frozen yogurt somewhere (cant remember where) which tasted less like yogurt and more like ice cream. However whenever I try to make frozen yogurt at home, it always tastes 'yogurty', and tangy. Does anyone know how I can make non-tangy frozen yogurt? Are there any 'flavourless' brands of yogurt that do not taste of much so I can add my own flavour?

If not, is there anything I can do to the yogurt itself to get rid of the tanginess? Eating ice cream is not much of a option for me at the minute so I would love to be able to make some ice-cream tasting frozen yogurt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I'm a Brit too so I'll see if I can help. I make my own yoghourt as I find the stuff you buy is too bland, i.e. less tangy, so I don't think making your own flavourless yoghurt is the answer. You can find "natural" ie unsweetened, unflavoured, yoghourt in most supermarkets. I find the mass produced makes are more bland, than the organic brands such as Rachel's or Yeo.

Possibly an answer to tanginess is sugar but I expect you are avoiding that too. Slimming World suggests you sweeten it with artificial sweeteners but they can be a bit yuck.

I think that the problem is that yoghourt is tangy by definition and the professional frozen yoghourt makers have chemicals and "e-numbers" to get round this that the home cook doesn't have access to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom