W.G.T.F. Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
OK , since it's running rampant in my home town, and I've still got it, I'm just wondering who I'm in good company with. Whose got the flu?

I hate having to go to work when I'm not 100%, but here I am.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I can't believe you're going to work with the flu. I'm sure you have no choice, but that must be just awful.

I have to pick up a prescription at the doctor's office and then fill it at the pharmacy. I'm going to bring a few pairs of latex gloves with me.

Oh dear, Chief. Your work must be really important that you're at work. I hope you get better soon!!!

Z

I had the flu, still working on getting rid of the remnants, while I am no longer contagious, I am still miserable. Our facilty was closed to new admits and any visitors for almost two weeks. "Patient Zero" was a new admit from the hospital with Pneumonia, turns out it was the flu. Of course I just had to interview and examine her the first day in the building. Then I brought the flu home to Shrek, nothing worse than a sick Ogre, especially when it's my fault.

That sucks, PF. Where could you go?

I hope everyone gets over this soon. I hate it when my friends are sick!

Hope everyone feels better soon! It's been a nasty season.

When we flew home last week, we were surrounded by hacking and coughing people on the plane, most within a 3 foot radius.

How long is the incubation period of this flu? You and your DH will be extremely lucky if you don't join the sick parade.

I hope not, because if you both get sick, not only will you be sick, but having a sick hubby too...... Oh, no.

There are few things worse than a sick DH, especially mine. I've been counting down the incubation period too. It appears to be one to 4 days, and we got back Tuesday, so hoping we're out of the woods.

Last edited:
My fingers are crossed for you. I'd really hate it if you had to deal with the flu AND a sick hubby.

Thanks Z.

Has anyone tried Tamaflu? I was looking into taking it prophilactically, but apparently you need to experience symptoms first.

Well, hi, MC, nice to see you! Happy New Year to you too!

Interesting article, thanks!

I have tried Theraflu. It's OTC and worked pretty well IMO. I'd buy it again if necessary.

Last edited:
...Has anyone tried Tamaflu?...
Not Tamaflu, but back in the late '90s Goober and I had great results with Flumadine. He was in senior year at high school, doing the class prez/football/community theatre thing. I was working part time and also in the same play as Goober. He got sick first. When I took him to the doctor, he prescribed Flumadine. The kid was up and back at school and rehearsals less than 2 days later. When I started to feel sick, he told me I HAD to go to the doctor's! :LOL: Sure enough, less than two days later I felt like I wasn't sick.

Hope you and DH end up not needing either of them, though. Especially DH. Sick hubby? ARGH!

I'm so sorry there are so many sick with the flu! I hear that this years flu shot isn't as effective as they had hoped, but it would still help with the severity of symptoms.

Did you all have flu shots, and got it anyway?

Passing around bowls of chicken soup...

Thanks guys, fingers still crossed, though I think we're past the incubation stage. I would still like a bowl of Kayelle's chicken soup though. They showed a map of the states affected by flu on the news tonight, California was the only state in the lower 48 that wasn't affected!

Yes, the flu strain mutated, though it's still recommended to get the shot.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, fingers still crossed, though I think we're past the incubation stage. I would still like a bowl of Kayelle's chicken soup though. They showed a map of the states affected by flu on the news tonight, California was the only state in the lower 48 that wasn't affected!

Yes, the flu strain mutated, though it's still recommended to get the shot.

Yes, I saw that too Dawg. It amazes me, although our buddy Cheryl has been down with it. She lives in the desert. I sure don't want it and haven't had the flu in years since I started getting the shot and hope I can dodge the bullet again this year. The last time I had it my kids were still at home and all four of us had it at the same time. I shudder at the memory. Guess which one of us didn't get to stay in bed???

Back
Top Bottom