3 -3 -23 din-dins in the oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Having Lemon Cod Haddock with crispy potatoes. This time with broccoli (instead of Brussels) and Thai cucumber salad.

Argh... can't copy the pic from my recipe... I'll figure it out, :cautious::rolleyes:

So everyone having tonight?

Poutine with onions, garlic and roast beef in the gravy.
20230303_184819.jpg

Had a grocery order delivered today, so we had the frozen tourtière that came with the delivery. I made a salad, boiled some fingerling potatoes, and made some gravy to go with that. We hadn't tried this brand of tourtière (St-Hubert) before. It was pretty good, but not as good as the one we get from Lufa (our produce basket place). It was good enough that I will get it again when it's on special.

Attachments

• Tourtière, fingerling potato, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette.jpg
    Tourtière, fingerling potato, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Tourtière, fingerling potatoes, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette.jpg
    Tourtière, fingerling potatoes, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 6
.... we had the frozen tourtière that came with the delivery. ...... We hadn't tried this brand of tourtière (St-Hubert) before. It was pretty good, but not as good as the one we get from Lufa (our produce basket place). It was good enough that I will get it again when it's on special.
That's good to know taxy, thanks. Have never tried that brand either. Only store tourtiere I've ever gotton was so dry I almost choked. Have only eaten homemade since then. One other brand you might try is PG, (Plaisirs Gastronomiques) available in Quebec but haven't looked for it here. I've had their Chicken, a Ham (& Spinach?) and a Salmon one. All very expensive but man, are they good! Two sizes are sometimes available, Family and ?? for two?

I just checked out PG. The PG is about the same price as the one from St-Hubert. I'm not getting either one when they aren't on special.

I'd never checked out the price of St Hubert's. Yes, PG is not cheap. I only ever bought them on special. I ususally got them at the IGA I frequented in Rigaud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom