3 people you want to invite to dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:) Bon Appetite has a back page interview with celebrities the last question is what 3 people would you like to invite to dinner dead or alive I want to ask the same question but you can go as many people you want instead of only 3.
My list would go on forever but you guys go first.:)

Omigosh, jp. I see that page every issue and my list, like yours, is longer than my arm. I think I would have to have many meals with many trios.

Let's see, for dinner number 1:

Robin Williams (Better not have any silly food.)
Julia Child (I'd pick her brain until there was nothing left.)
James Patterson (I'm fascinated with his imagination.)

I think these three would be great fun. Julia always enjoyed fun, so I can see her and Robin Williams going at it in delightful humor. I love Patterson, especially his "Max" books.

Last edited:
I’ll stick to five to make it interesting and somewhat challenging.

Arnold Swarzenegger – Not only do I love his movies (yeah, it’s a cheesy guy thing), but his drive and determination (even to this day) is incredible. The way he pushed himself during the body building days and invented new techniques and basically revolutionized the sport and practice is amazing. I could pick his brain for hours.

Bruce Lee – Simply amazing individual. Drive, determination, intuitiveness, and skill is very impressive.

Stephen King – His imagination and ideas could keep us up for days.

King Tut (Tutankhamun) – What was life like back then….and HOW did they build those pyramids!

Dick Proenneke – He was simply amazing. If you haven’t seen it, try to get a copy of “Alone in the Wilderness”. Awesome. The things he could teach and talk about….wow.

No brainer.

George Washington.

Thomas Jefferson.

Benjamin Franklin.

Keep the maderia flowing and keep the tape recorder running.

What a fabulous question, jp! I know this is going to rolling around in my head all evening but the first people that come to mind that I would group together are:

The Dalai Llama
Steve Hawking
Isaac Asimov
Peter Gabriel
Mother Theresa
Julia Child
Phil Collins
Jimi Hendrix
Luciano Pavarotti
Kinky Friedman
Jimmy & Roselyn Carter
Margaret Meade
Robin Williams (I'm with you, Katie)
Albert Einstein
Kurt Vonnegut
John Irving

There are so many more and I can't even begin to imagine how I would group them. I would never want to have any more than 4 or 5 at any one time because I would certainly want to talk with them in depth!

Fisher's Mom said:
What a fabulous question, jp! I know this is going to rolling around in my head all evening but the first people that come to mind that I would group together are:

The Dalai Llama
Steve Hawking
Isaac Asimov
Peter Gabriel
Mother Theresa
Julia Child
Phil Collins
Jimi Hendrix
Luciano Pavarotti
Kinky Friedman
Jimmy & Roselyn Carter
Margaret Meade
Robin Williams (I'm with you, Katie)
Albert Einstein
Kurt Vonnegut
John Irving

There are so many more and I can't even begin to imagine how I would group them. I would never want to have any more than 4 or 5 at any one time because I would certainly want to talk with them in depth!

Dang, nice list there! If you get some of those guys over, make sure to invite me too! :D

keltin said:
Dang, nice list there! If you get some of those guys over, make sure to invite me too! :D
Oh my gosh, how thoughtless of me! I just took it for granted that ya'll knew that all the good folks at DC were first on my list! (If I didn't, who would cook?)
T

:) Jacque Coustou(sp)
Robert Di Niro
Frida Kahlo
Marilyn Monroe
Gene Kelley but he would hafto dance also
Vincent Price
There are many more but I would not want them all at once

jpmcgrew said:
:) Jacque Coustou(sp)
Robert Di Niro
Frida Kahlo
Marilyn Monroe
Gene Kelley but he would hafto dance also
Vincent Price
There are many more but I would not want them all at once
:LOL: I love that! I had definitely planned for the musicians on my list providing some after dinner entertainment but Gene Kelly! What an experience to dance with him! Now my list is going off in a million different directions.

Fisher's Mom said:
Oh my gosh, how thoughtless of me! I just took it for granted that ya'll knew that all the good folks at DC were first on my list! (If I didn't, who would cook?)
T
:) That goes without saying.:)

Fisher's Mom said:
Oh Andy, that is such a lovely thing. Your mother must be a very special woman.

She was. As were her sister and brother. I miss them and a dinner together would be indescribable.

Andy M. said:
She was. As were her sister and brother. I miss them and a dinner together would be indescribable.
I didn't realize they had died. An even greater tribute to the kind of people they were. It certainly made me think - I'm calling my mom tonight! Thanks Andy.

While some of you have mentioned some very famous names I would invite
some of the greatest Chefs that ever lived and some of the past masters
Louie p de Goy, Louis Szathmary, Julia Child, , some of the new masters
Jaque Pippn and have the whole works cooked and judged buy the food net work I think it would be a double hoot

keltin said:
King Tut (Tutankhamun) – What was life like back then….and HOW did they build those pyramids!

just an fyi, the pyramids were built roughly 2000 years before tut-ankh-amun's time. he was planted in a tomb in the valley of the kings, not in a pyramid.

Back
Top Bottom