30 People to impress.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montee1

Assistant Cook
I am having an event soon, I have a large kitchen available and I wanna make something that they will remember. Im thinking chicken but thats as much as Ive got so far. I dont want anything that will take longer than 3 hours to prepare either unless its a prepare the night before type dish. I have never cooked for a lot of people before so ANY advice would be great.
Thank you.

london broil

not sure if it would intrest you. i have found out that fillet a london broil
and then stuff it your choice of stuffing is the quickest and works
really good for large groups.then garnish with veggies of your chioce
(asparagus fence with turnip greens cover with red sauce attractive)2 hours top

Im kinda new at cooking too so, I dont know what some things are or what they taste like.

well I seam to be fairly good at what cooking Ive done so far, and its kind of a party for me, so Id love it if everyone had something nice to say about my cooking dinner as well.

take 1 very large turkey, bring it to room temperature. Wash it and clean it out. Dry it completely. Set up one Webber Kettle Charcoal girl by placing charcoal in two beds, on opposite sides of the grill. make a drip pan out of aluminum foil, or purchase a cheap, throw away aluminum loaf pan and set aside. Ignite the charcoal and let it get hot while you prepare your turkey.

Rub the outside of the turkey all over with butter or olive oil. Place 2 quartered onions into the body cavity. Truss the bird so that the legs stay close to the body. Tuck the wings under the back. Season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Put the chunks of smoking wood on top of the charcoal. Place the foil pan between the beds of hot charcoal and fill half way with water. Put the cooking grill onto the kettle and place the bird breast side up over the drip pan. Cover and close all vents to the half open position. Cook for 12 minutes per pound.

When he cooking time has elapsed, check the internal meat temperature of the bird by inserting an instant read meat thermometer into the thickest portion of breast meat, close to the thigh joint but not touching the bone. The meat should still read less than 160 degrees F. Place the lid back on and cook for 15 more minutes and re-check the temperature. Continue this until the thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Remove from the grill and onto a platter. cover the grill and close all vents; and let the grill cool down. Let the bird rest for 20 minutes. Carve by removing the legs and wings, and removing the whole breasts from the carcass. Slice the dark meat from the thighs and drumsticks. Slice the breasts into slices, against the grain. place all the meat into a suitable container. Remove the drip pan from the grill and strain the liquid through paper towels into the pan. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. Heat in a three hundred degree oven the nest day until the meat is hot and serve. Your guests will not believe how juicy and tender the turkey is, and with an amazing smoky flavor. Serve with riced potatoes and gravy made from the pan juices and a cornstarch slurry. Add a great salad and call it a day. You will be the culinary hero, and I can guarantee that you will impress everyone.

I wish you great success on your meal.

Of course, pulled pork would do as well, as would that beef roast listed above. Just another idea or two for you.;)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom