Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh what I meant to say was...

It was an awful episode and you didn't miss a thing ;)

I liked the show on Ghana better than I thought I would. But did you notice how hot and sweaty Tony looked the entire time? He looked really uncomfortable (physically) but he seemed to enjoy his trip very much.

I think that being hot and sweaty is a prerequisite to being in west coast Africa. I liked that they ate barracuda, it is a great eating fish that NEVER gets noticed. The market where he ate all that pork and spinach and stuff had me drooling. Looked GREAT! I would love to have his job.

Well, I'm not so sure I'd want to have his job when he was eating raw seal liver, meat, & blubber in one of his last shows. While I do love sushi, that was definitely a turnoff for me.

Has anyone watched his show on Morocco. That was an awesome one. I was really amazed when he went off far into the desert and stayed in a tent with a local goat or sheep herder family and savored a simple meal and was polite at all times.

He truly is a foodie. I also remember an episode which he did in South America where he tried an iguana. He truly was turned off. He still tried it but he said it was the worst thing he had ever had. It was like rubber. Now you gotta be extremely adventurous to try eating that.

I do get hooked when I start watching his shows. I like to watch real tv rather than the dolled up celebrity chefs (Giada, Racheal and Sandra Le being some of them) that Food T.V. showcases. To me the glam sham and shows related to their getaways/roadtrips are absolutely lackluster.

Amen, Yakuta. I absolutely HATE all the new Food Network shows with everyone suddenly "on the road". The shows are staged up the wazoo & positively ridiculous. The entire Food Network has virtually turned into the Rachel Ray/Emeril/PaulaDeen/Giada channel. Nine times out of 10 when you switch that channel on, one of them is on. Too sad.

Count me in as another ex-viewer of the Food Network. I rarely watch it anymore because its all the same crap or crap you don't give two rips about. I watch some of the cooking shows on PBS.
And oh yeah, I watch Tony on Monday nights!

ATTENTION "No Reservations" Fans!!

This morning (Monday, 2/19) at 9 a.m. EST (about 2 minutes from now), The Travel Channel is running a "No Reservations" marathon that runs until 8 p.m. tonight!!!!

Guess I won't be getting too much done around here today - lol!!!

Mudbug - you need to do what I did: get yourself your own tv & satellite box in another room.

Husband is currently downstairs enjoying his hockey game, while I'm up here enjoying Tony Bourdain.

Or get a DVR so you can record all these episodes.

The one in Japan was my favorite. Osaka looks like an amazing place for foodies!!!

I, too, have gotten fed up with the food network. As a person who has lived a huge part of my life "on the road" I find those shows very fake -- not just staged, but also exaggerated and way too in-your-face loud. The shows are less and less about food, almost never about cooking, and more about personalities. I don't watch these shows to have someone yell and whoop, and I certainly don't want fashion models posing behind pots that are wider than their hips.

I enjoyed the "Japan" show too, but also really enjoyed the one on "New Jersey" since, as a native New Yorker, I had friends & relatives from there. It was VERY funny - particularly the "Godfather" ending with Mario Batali.

i caught a few minutes of the las vegas show. it was funny how being a new yorker, the "new york city" in vegas kind of annoyed him. it was too clean, like a disney version. no rats, litter, or fear for your life.

i also saw a few minutes of another show. it looked like he was in the west indies or the caribbean, and he was eating (and actually enjoying) a giant bowl of a pot au feu. it had whole crabs, hard boiled eggs, meat, and a bunch of other stuff in a spicey stew. anyone see that episode? what country was it?

There's a Vietnamese dish for a Pork Stew With Tofu & Hard-Boiled Eggs, so I'm thinking it must have been the Indonesian/Malaysian episodes. I do remember him eating the dish; just can't recall which episode it was since I sinfully behaved like a couch potato yesterday & watched all of them - lol!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom