Anyone tried eggplants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am growing eggplant for the first time. It wad growing good but has not kinda stopped. It is about the size of a grapefruit. Anyone have any suggestions. My tomatoes are also in trouble. Help!!!

Hi Tammy--Welcome to DC! What variety of eggplant are you growing? I like to pick mine when they are on the smallish side. I grow Epic and Black Beauty.

I'm not about to try planting eggplants. I'm totally discouraged after waiting all summer for my beets to grow and when I finally pulled one up it was the size of a marble :LOL:

Where do you live that planting eggplants makes sense in October?

I live near Montreal, Quebec and I just brought all my potted herbs in because of a frost warning.

I live in Sydney Australia, it's like mid spring here right now :)

mollyanne said:
I'm not about to try planting eggplants. I'm totally discouraged after waiting all summer for my beets to grow and when I finally pulled one up it was the size of a marble :LOL:

I've found that you have to plant beet seeds REALLY deep. I've grown marbles too. Tuck them way down.

Make sure your eggplant and tomatoes are consistently well watered. We've had a bad drought here this year, it's affected all the vegetables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom