Arkansas Mother Gives Birth to 16th Child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ummmm...... can you say BIRTH CONTROL or SURGERY!!
Either they have really good jobs or the get government help.

Maybe that's harsh not knowing the people personally, if so, sorry. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
oh no... one is more than enough for me.
they must have the patience of a saint.
and they want more ???????????????????
:ermm: :huh: :wacko:

I tip my hat to that woman. She must be a very even tempered individual. The children she has are so fortunate to have so many siblings! What a legacy she and her husband are creating! They're probably also teaching their children very important things, such as learning to share, and not worrying so much about looks (braces) as much as their hearts.

Generally speaking, when people have such a large brood, folks from their church and neighborhood chip in, and large companies will at times, donate products as well. That would be my guess as to the money.

I still wish I had had another little one!

21, 22 not sure

Cousin of mine had more than 20 children and her sister only had 13. These women were very small. They were from my husband's side and the whole family considered it shameful. I didn't. The family all got along so well. Like their own community. The oldest could have been the baby's parent. What was so amazing that they were all alive. No accidents or trouble with law. You can be sure once you invited them to the house you could never tell if they were stranger or just one of the family. Don't know how they ar today, lost touch. One thing I won't ever forget them. Good Catholic family.

What I thought too

They never thought anything of it. I was always surprised and mentioned it to them. The parents were such good people I thought that is what the reason is. They treated all of them with such attention. As I said, they were all healthy and really good kids. You don't have this kind of relation texas? I guess if you like large family, nothing too big. When I got divorced the mother was in her forties so I don't know if she had more or not.

I saw this on our local news last night LOL! WOW! I'd love to do the family group sheet on them!

He's a former state represenitive and if I'm not mistaken they have $$$. She's a former mother of the year. :)
I couldn't tell if they were Catholic, Mormon or if she's one of these ladies that just enjoy's being pregnant.

My wife and I had a friend that had 6 kids and all her pregnancies were fairly easy. She said she just loved being pregnant.

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
State reps really don't make very much $$, actually. In Texas, they work part time, too.

Jim Bob sells real estate and the older ones might work, but I really wonder how they can keep afloat.

God Bless 'em.

I've always thought it's weird that people in the US think large familys are "weird" or not the norm. I myself can't imagine having lots of kids (or even one) but know that back in Vietnam, my Mom's generation, it was very common to have 6+ kids.

Though 16 is extememe, she must REALLY like being pregnant. My sister said she loves the feeling. ???:ohmy:

I don't think it's weird. I just can't even imagine all those kids. I wouldn't any hair or sanity left.
My grandmother is 1 of three, my mom was one of 2 and I am one of 4. Now, on my hubbys side, his mom is one of 3 and his dad is one of 13. Back in the days, it was very common to have so many kids as there really wasn't any birth control. I guess if the parents can afford to have that many kids, on their own, then there's nothing wrong with it.

my grandfather was one of 6 as was my biological father. big families don't bother me i think it's kind of cool. but as far as 16... that's a bit much lol. if she likes it and her kids are well taken care of that's great. i just know i have a hard of enough time with one !!

Back
Top Bottom