Bamix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paid In Grapes

Assistant Cook
Anyone own one of these? I have questions. I have to run now, but wanted to get my question out there. Thanks.

I have no idea why it's italicized, it won't go away...

I've heard they are one of the top immersion blenders made in Switzerland, so I suspect you could do a lot worse.

I have a minipro by Dynamic Mixers who also happen to be the company that originally marketed the immersion type blenders, which are made in France. You can pick one of these up through Amazon for about 240.00 which is probably cheaper than the bamix depending on the model you pick.

th

Last edited:
Our first stick blender my ex purchased :cautious: watching a info ad. I paid double amount in duty tax for which I had to travel to downtown Montreal from the suburbs.
Was not impressed until I started to use it. Have no idea the make or name, but it could chop raw meats up into baby food, froth skim milk. came with three (or 4) blades. It was the most wonderful contraption I'd ever owned.
I think it lasted about 30 years and I was heart broken when it just stopped working. Now-a-days of course, they are much cheaper, but I couldn't begin to tell you which one is best. Check out Serious Eats did some comparison tests on them.

I've heard they are one of the top immersion blenders made in Switzerland, so I suspect you could do a lot worse.

I have a minipro by Dynamic Mixers who also happen to be the company that originally marketed the immersion type blenders, which are made in France. You can pick one of these up through Amazon for about 240.00 which is probably cheaper than the bamix depending on the model you pick.

th
That looks like one I got way back at a restaurant supply place - maybe late 80s early 90s - when I burned out 2 immersion blenders, not that long after I got them, one soon enough that I took it back. I figured if they make them for restaurants, it won't burn out! That was a little too big, for many things, so that large one I eventually gave to a kitchen at the church my Mom went to - they made more larger batches of things than I did (i also gave them a 32 qt stock pot I sort of stopped using!). I can't tell you about the Bamix. Eventually I got a regular sized Viking immersion blender, and it's well over 20 years old, and have had no problems with it.

Our first stick blender my ex purchased :cautious: watching a info ad. I paid double amount in duty tax for which I had to travel to downtown Montreal from the suburbs.
Was not impressed until I started to use it. Have no idea the make or name, but it could chop raw meats up into baby food, froth skim milk. came with three (or 4) blades. It was the most wonderful contraption I'd ever owned.
I think it lasted about 30 years and I was heart broken when it just stopped working. Now-a-days of course, they are much cheaper, but I couldn't begin to tell you which one is best. Check out Serious Eats did some comparison tests on them.
That sounds like a Bamix. Was the shaft permanently attached, but the cutters were removable?

What you are describing is pretty much exactly why I was looking at that brand. Instead of a bell covering the blade the Bamix has 4 prongs as a guard. Even though the wattage ratings are much lower than some brands, I suspect it's a lot more durable.

Serious eats liked the All-Clad as top winner. I'd consider that too, because of the bell shape. I really don't like when the heads clog up. I need something that will puree food for someone that won't be able to have regular food for several months.

I tend to use an immersion blender quite hard, and often for things it's not really meant to do.
I'm looking for something to make it easier and quicker, that what I need to do, making the least amount of washing up to do.

Yes, the shaft was permanently attached and yes, it had 4 legs instead of a bell guard.
What the wattage was, I have no idea if I even knew. Just remember it did have 2 speeds.

th
I've looked at those, Robo Coupe, and Bamix. I can get the Bamix from a company that I like doing business with.

I don't know anyone who used a smaller size immersion blender in a commercial setting so I can't get any advice there.

I take it you're happy with your unit.

I have a Bamix . Before that, I burned through 2 different immersion blenders. The Bamix has never failed me. I’ve had it about 10 or 15 years. I would never buy anything else

I've looked at those, Robo Coupe, and Bamix. I can get the Bamix from a company that I like doing business with.

I don't know anyone who used a smaller size immersion blender in a commercial setting so I can't get any advice there.

I take it you're happy with your unit.
The minipro is ok, it gets the job done but for the money I probably wouldn't buy another.

I have a Bamix . Before that, I burned through 2 different immersion blenders. The Bamix has never failed me. I’ve had it about 10 or 15 years. I would never buy anything else
Thank you. Do you use the S blade meat/ veg cutter? I'd be really interested in your experiences/ results with it as that will be the bulk of what I'll be doing with it in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom