Bannana Foster ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately I don't as there is a resteraunt not far from me that makes it so that is where I go when I want it again. That being said, I should learn to make it at home as well :)

I imagine you could get almost any liqueur in small "sample bottles" ...

Unfortunately I don't as there is a resteraunt not far from me that makes it so that is where I go when I want it again. That being said, I should learn to make it at home as well :)

I imagine you could get almost any liqueur in small "sample bottles" ...

I looked at the Total Wine & More website, and they carry a 100ml size bottle, but it is really potent stuff, which is unusual for a liqueur. Everything else was 750ml or larger.

1705414806798.png

CD

We don't have a recipe, just kind of wing it with butter, brown sugar, dark rum and a tiny pinch of salt.

I had made banana bread once when Craig decided to make BF. He got the idea to toast some banana bread slices and make a little extra of the syrup and serve the ice cream, bananas and syrup on top of the toast. One of his best ideas.

We don't have a recipe, just kind of wing it with butter, brown sugar, dark rum and a tiny pinch of salt.

I had made banana bread once when Craig decided to make BF. He got the idea to toast some banana bread slices and make a little extra of the syrup and serve the ice cream, bananas and syrup on top of the toast. One of his best ideas.

I love to toast my banana bread (I make it with pecans in it). That would go well with BF.

CD

How to turn a fifteen cent banana into a twenty dollar dessert. 🤭

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 medium banana
2 tablespoons dark rum
vanilla ice cream and a crisp cookie or two

Melt butter until foamy, add sliced banana and warm/saute, stir in brown sugar and cinnamon, add rum, and cook off alcohol, serve over vanilla ice cream.

You can add a few pecan halves at the end or swap out the brown sugar and cinnamon for real maple syrup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom