Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just tried an experient and it worked! I cut my top and bottom crusts from egg roll wrappers. I put the bottome one in adn put some shredded cheese in it. Then some diced ham and finally an egg. Then I topped it with the cut out egg roll wrapper adn cooked it 6 minutes.

It worked very will. It's a fast, inexpensive and easy way to have pie crusts! They browned very nicely too!

I just tried an experient and it worked! I cut my top and bottom crusts from egg roll wrappers. I put the bottome one in adn put some shredded cheese in it. Then some diced ham and finally an egg. Then I topped it with the cut out egg roll wrapper adn cooked it 6 minutes.

It worked very will. It's a fast, inexpensive and easy way to have pie crusts! They browned very nicely too!

Sounds really good Tim. Reminds me of Asian pork dumplings. Some fry, steam. You cut out a lot of work with that idea. Did you make a dipping sauce?

Thanks it's been cut, copied and stolen. :D

Munky.

OH HAPPY DAY!!! I just came home with my Breville personal pie maker! I am so happy to be in this click with the rest of you! Don't know where to start, but I am sure I will figure that out soon enough. I need to go back and re-read the entire thread tonight! :D

OH HAPPY DAY!!! I just came home with my Breville personal pie maker! I am so happy to be in this click with the rest of you! Don't know where to start, but I am sure I will figure that out soon enough. I need to go back and re-read the entire thread tonight! :D

I can't wait to see what you make, this thread has been enjoyable to "watch".

Just bought another package of egg roll wrappers. They work great for almost anything. The wrapper I use is just slightly larger than the bottom crust cutter and I can get 15 pies for a $3 package of wrappers.

The egg roll wrappers are a great and inexpensive shortcut!

Only too happy to be of help. I don't measure as I learned from an old Italian grandmoter when I was a schoolgirl. Everytime I was waiting for my girlfriend, her grandmother was cooking in the kitchen.

One container of ricotta cheese. They come in 8 and 16 oz. I would start out with the 8 oz. if I were you. The recipe makes a lot of filling. And you want the whole milk one, not the skim.

A large handful of parm and romano cheese. You can leave one out if you wish. I use just parm when it the only one I have on hand.

One large egg

One large handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley

About 1.5 tsp each salt and pepper. Ricotta has no flavor.

One tsp. of mixed Italian herbs.

Place the ricotta in a strainer and drain. Place in bowl and add the other ingredients. Mix well with a whisk or your mixer. Hand mixer will do. Let sit covered for about 30 minutes so flavors can mel.

Open package of egg roll skins. Keep covered. Place a spoonful of mixture in middle, wet edges and place second skin on top. Press out all the air and seal all the edges by pressing hard. Make sure you get all the air out or they will explode when you go to cook them. Continue in this manner until you run out of mixture or skins. Keep the finished ones covered with a slightly damp dish towel. The skins like to dry out quickly, so you must keep them covered.

Place individual dumpling ( ravioli) on a cookie sheet covered with cornmeal. Place in freezer. When partially frozen add some cornmeal to a zippy bag and put dumplings in a single layer. The cornmeal keeps them from sticking to each other.

When you are ready to cook, put on a large pot of water. Bring to a gentle boil. Place frozen dumplings in the water one at a time. When they rise, cook for about 45 seconds more. Gently remove and serve with pasta gravy. You can cook them freshly made. Same directions. They will just cook quicker. Handle with care.

Hope this is clear. If not, let me know and I will clarify. :cool::chef:

Last edited:
How easy! Thanks Addie!

Glad to be of help. Sorry I don't have exact measurements. It is one of those recipes that you get a feel for. Is it too loose? Does it taste right? That is how I learned most of my Italian recipes. From the grandmothers of my girlfriends. The grandmothers were horrified that I wasn't Italian and were determined to made me into one by osmosis. They took me under their wing. So I cook Yankee and Italian. :chef:

Chopper!!!!

That just made my day! :wub:
I'll make you up a cheat sheet for a Lemon pie.

The hard part is what to make. When I first got mine, there was nothing for me to work with. The pie maker at the time was too new. A little research, creativity on my own. It's now gaining in popularity. We owned the Mother Ship first. :ROFLMAO:

Geez, I threatened my kids once " Touch those puffs I'll take you out!"

It needs a new warning label " May cause User to become Neurotic" Yeah I still wipe my prints off after use.

I wish you much luck Fellow Brevellian.

Munky - Out!:LOL:

Good for you, chopper! Have fun! You'll have lots of fun making up recipe to make in it. My favorite so far is the breakfast pies. I have them almost every morning now using the egg roll wrappers.

Ok. Here it is. The first batch of pies at the house of Chopper! Lemon!

image-728197639.jpg

Had to take the picture quick before the guys got to them! I will let you know how they taste!

Back
Top Bottom