Can you pan pop microwave popcorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read where you can pop regular popcorn in a paper bag in the microwave and I did that for a while, but I ended up with too many kernels that didn't pop. Plus, I always put too much popcorn in the bag and had popcorn and kernels all over the microwave, then on the floor. Those little things travel!

When I was a teenager (1970s), my family got an air popper. Made bone dry, chewy popcorn. I hope they have improved over the years.

CD
They must have improved. These are a nice texture. I'm not nearly as big a popcorn eater as my late husband was. It will probably be quite a while before I get an urge to make some.

I still have an Air Popper in my basement! Haven't used it for years, because all I used it for was when I needed popcorn for something like caramel popcorn, or something like that, and I can't remember the last time I made any of those. I remember having to pour so much butter on it, to make up for the dryness, I figured why bother?

The best yellow popcorn I've had was home grown by a friend's sister. I got a jar of it, but I don't recall how long after the harvest it was, not too long though. Had a natural sweetness to it I haven't tasted since.

These days with a restricted diet I make popcorn in the microwave in a bowl with a cover. Don't use any fat or salt, but finding the right pop corn was crucial. I can enjoy the taste of the corn, so maybe i'm lucky that way.

All the talk about coconut oil reminded me of a time as a young man when I met this young woman who said her favorite way to make pop corn was on the stove using rendered duck fat. I thought to myself, "this is the girl for me". Alas, that didn't turn out to be true , but we had very good times finding that out about one another.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom