Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Learned that our youngest son and his wife are expecting their second ( a girl) in February AND our second oldest granddaughter ( out of 11) is expecting her second (a girl)(our third Great) in November, right around Turkey Day! Overwelming! ( and we're too young for all this!)

A grandchild and great grand child at the same time - it must get confusing. Congratulations and enjoy spoiling all those little ones.

THAT IS GREAT CJ!!!!! I'm so happy you get to get away from it for a while!!!

Dave, that is just awesome news!!

Learned that our youngest son and his wife are expecting their second ( a girl) in February AND our second oldest granddaughter ( out of 11) is expecting her second (a girl)(our third Great) in November, right around Turkey Day! Overwelming! ( and we're too young for all this!)

Cool! You must have a heck of a good time at family gatherings!!:)

Another silly and small.....
I finally saw all my extra hours pay off.....
My pantry and freezer are full again, the grocery list is empty and not full from things I've had to put off....
We got to eat OUT a few times, I bought some cheap yarn and DH got a couple video games.
Dang, I'm easy to please but I REALLY love normal!!!!!!

Great thread everyone! The good new's here is that me and the dh have just joined a new church in Paso Robles CA, where we just bought our home. We're very excited about the new start and next Saturday we are renewing our vows <3

Well, Dave, Suzi and Snack I am cheering right along with you!

This is a minor celebration but while I was out yesterday we went to a mall and in this one area there are stairs and a ramp to go to a slightly lower level. The ramp was out so I had to take the stairs. DH asked if I wanted to use his arm, but I decided to practice what I am learning in physio. I took the rail in one hand and the cane in the other and instead of slowly going down putting both feet on a step before going to the next one, I carefully went down the proper way of alternating legs on stairs!!!!! There were only about 6 steps but both of us were smiling and proud when I got to the bottom....with no pain!

YAY LAURIE!!!!!!!
no baby steps for you eh???
:)
smiling with you......

Thanks, everyone! Your enthusiasm and support makes me want to go looking for another set of stairs to climb! I am finally feeling like I can beat this thing and everyone at DC plays a big part in this!

Well, Dave, Suzi and Snack I am cheering right along with you!

This is a minor celebration but while I was out yesterday we went to a mall and in this one area there are stairs and a ramp to go to a slightly lower level. The ramp was out so I had to take the stairs. DH asked if I wanted to use his arm, but I decided to practice what I am learning in physio. I took the rail in one hand and the cane in the other and instead of slowly going down putting both feet on a step before going to the next one, I carefully went down the proper way of alternating legs on stairs!!!!! There were only about 6 steps but both of us were smiling and proud when I got to the bottom....with no pain!
I just saw tis and I'm so happy for you.All the pain and trials are on the way out. Laurie, you must feel as if you conqured a mountain. I bet DH was thrilled for you, but I'd give anything to have been at the bottom of those stairs and seen the look on your face..Way to go, keep it up
kadesma

congratulations you are very brave and it will only get better.
Like Babe said, you're very brave! After struggling so long with your knee and then the surgery, I'm blown away at how brave you are. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have tried those stairs - I'd have been too scared! But look at you, Laurie. You really are my hero, girlfriend!

I'm celebrating our puppy, Junior's, recovery from his surgery. He was neutered and had some retained puppy teeth removed on Saturday. He's been sore and really quiet until this morning but he woke up feeling just fine. He's back to creating chaos in the house - all 11 pounds of him!

I'm celebrating our puppy, Junior's, recovery from his surgery. He was neutered and had some retained puppy teeth removed on Saturday. He's been sore and really quiet until this morning but he woke up feeling just fine. He's back to creating chaos in the house - all 11 pounds of him!

Aww, I totally understand the cause for celebration! I remember when my kitten was neutered and had an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time it took him a few days and then one day he was just his old self again! I am sure Junior is happy to be creating chaos and I know that he is very loved if he is part of your family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom