Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My son has finally decided on a science fair project!! He's going to see what toothpaste protects teeth from acid the best. We have brushed eggs with several diffrent brands of toothpaste & submerged them in vinegar. It shold be interestng to see what happens.

What a neat science experiment Crewsk! You will definitely have to let us know how it turns out. My daughter won first place for the lower grade levels at her Science Fair when she was in 2nd grade, for a fabric fading experiment.

I have 2 celebrations to mention. I had not heard from my daughter in awhile (her husband left her on Mother's Day and she became a little withdrawn) but has called a few times the last couple months. We usually can't talk long because she is on her way somewhere when she calls, but a couple nights ago she called and we were able to talk for 2 hours, which was great. :cool:

The other thing is financial. We were a little worried because our bank account was hurting really badly and the house payment is due. Well, about a year ago James got a letter saying that some people had filed a class-action lawsuit against an insurance company he used to have insurance with years ago (apparently they overcharged some people). They said that if he wanted to participate, all he had to do was sign this form and give his name, address, and SSN. We sent it off and didn't give it much thought afterwards. Two days ago I checked the mail and there was a check for almost $573!! Now we can make our house payment without worrying about it! :)

:) Barbara

We helped collect some toys with my husband's fire dept yesterday for Toys for Tots. I took Aidan into Target when we first got there. He picked out this cool robot dinosaur. He liked it sooo much but never asked to keep it. We got outside and he marched up and perched it on the back of the fire engine. The first toy of the day.

We left for a couple hours to come back to 5 overflowing shopping carts full of toys, toys all over the fire engine, toys lined up on the ground and a shiny new bike! I got tears in my eyes when I saw people's generosity. Even typing this up, my eyes are watering. The fire dept will be there today and tomorrow too. It'll be a very Merry Christmas for these children.

corazon90 said:
We helped collect some toys with my husband's fire dept yesterday for Toys for Tots. I took Aidan into Target when we first got there. He picked out this cool robot dinosaur. He liked it sooo much but never asked to keep it. We got outside and he marched up and perched it on the back of the fire engine. The first toy of the day.

We left for a couple hours to come back to 5 overflowing shopping carts full of toys, toys all over the fire engine, toys lined up on the ground and a shiny new bike! I got tears in my eyes when I saw people's generosity. Even typing this up, my eyes are watering. The fire dept will be there today and tomorrow too. It'll be a very Merry Christmas for these children.

I'm so proud of Aidan!! It takes a special heart for a young child to give something, that they would love to have, without a thought. It says a lot about his parents too!!!:flowers:

This is such a nice thread. So many things to be thankful for. Here in Michigan our economy has been very rough and lots of folks w/o or soon to be w/o jobs. I'm very thankful that we still have jobs to go to everyday.

I have 2 things to celebrate, one is actually worth celebrating over & the other is something small that just made me happy.

#1- My church always puts up a Helping Hands Christmas tree with gift tags for 2 needy families, the church members select a tag & buy the gift listed. For the past 2 years, I have been teaching our 4 & 5 year old Sunday School class & we have gotten a tag from the tree. Last year we took up money to buy a teenage boy a personal CD player, this year I decided to try smething a little diffrent. There are always 2 tags to do food boxes for the moms, so I chose one of those. I sent letters home with each child in the class asking them to bring in 2 or 3 boxed or canned food items. The food was brought in yesterday & we collected almost 30 cans & boxes of food for this mother!! I was so excited & proud of my little class!! We only have 3 children & 2 teachers, everyone was so generous!!

#2- There is a business that I pass nearly every day & they have 2 rhinos in front of the building, a mama & a baby. Now, these are 2 full sized, probably plastic, replicas. A few months ago, we noticed that the baby was missing & we were told that it was stolen. After Thanksgiving, the business always puts Santa hats on the rhinos, this year was no diffrent, mama had on a hat & beside her was a sign that read "All I want for Christmas is my baby back" with the baby's hat hanging on the corner. Thursday night on our way to Savannah's basketball practice, TC started bouncing in the back seat & yelling "the baby's back!!" I looked over & there was the baby, proudly wearing its Santa hat!! In front of it there was a sighn that read "Christmas is merry again, I have my baby back". It made me so happy that I almost cried!!

OK, I'd like to celebrate my youngest daughters Christmas pageant. She sang like an angel and danced beautifully. I just wish she'd been on more! LOL.

I also have a teeny little celebration. Ken insisted I look like I lost weight (I haven't been trying, never do. Just don't care about that much) so I tried on an old pair of jeans that I couldn't bear to throw away because I loved them so much. They FIT!! WOOHOO!!! I get to wear my favorite jeans again. At least til after Christmas dinner...:cool:

I love to hear about your celebrations on here.

We're celebrating Christmas at school tomorrow with the Polar Express! The kids, teachers and administrators will be wearing their pajamas as the principal reads the Polar Express to the students while we all have hot cocoa and cookies. I'm looking forward to it just not the overactivity with the kids after all the sweets they'll have! Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all enjoy your celebrations!

Thanks Alix! Yep one year old! All 17 lbs of him. Our pediatrcian said "well, no one would call him a big guy. he's just a little toad.":LOL:

Get this, Callum can't even walk yet but he can somersault! It comes from watching his somersaulting older brother. Callum gets into a real low squat, then puts his head between his legs and rolls. Most of the time he ends up on his side but he's done a few true ones as well. I've never heard of a somersaulting one year old. :LOL:

OMG, how cute!! Neither of my girls hit 20lbs before age 1. I think it was closer to 2 for Madeleine (who is currently closing in on 11 and only 62lbs!). Madeleine didn't walk at 1 either, she would scoot on her butt rather than crawl so she could leave her hands free to wreak havoc EVERYWHERE! LOL, no flies on THAT kid.

I'd love to see Callum somersaulting all over, how adorable that would be! Get video.

OK, my own personal celebrations are small.

I got a whole lot of organizing done today. It was little stuff, but things I needed to do. Got our yoga class organized, got some dancing stuff finalized and sort of figured out some stuff about ball (it appears I missed the first class AGAIN dang it!).

I also got my tea in the mail today! WOOHOO! I was seriously low on my favorite tea and I just can't find it in the stores here so I ordered online and got a couple of bonus teas for $1! It all arrived today and I am just tickled.

Got the laundry all done and folded and left a yummy dinner for my family. I am woman hear me roar!

Last Saturday (January 6th) Buck and I enjoyed our monthly "date" day together. Went to a new restaurant for a phenomenal lunch. Food, service, ambience, everything A+. The day was beautiful, too.

After lunch we really didn't want to go straight home so we went to a large park in the area to see a new skate park that had been built for the youth. Big deal ($$$) and a big skate park. We drove through the park looking for the new area and couldn't find it.

As we were circling another time, we noticed a couple of young boys (about 9- or 10-years-old) with skateboards. We stopped, rolled down the windows and asked them if they could tell us where the skate park was.

One of the boys said, "Over there, sir," as he pointed in a direction ahead of us.

Wow! "SIR!" That was great. No adult coaching him to respond in this manner...with manners. They were sweet and clearly were enjoying the day, too, as we were. We found the arena and sat in our car for probably 30 minutes watching the children skate away. All shapes, all sizes. Whizzing and swirling and having a ball. At one point I counted about 37 children wheelin' away. Almost made me want to give it a try.

well I`ve FINALY bit the bullet and set up this new PC that`s been sitting idle in the box for 4 months, and WOW!

it`s a 2.4Ghz, plenty of mem and disk space, it ALL works (my last one was dying bit at a time) incl the Sound :)
the monitor is a bit bigger and clearer than the old one, and with the help of some of the tech guys, all my software and favorites ans setting are all restored too, it even has a camera thingy so I can put pics on the net again too :)
it has a router that I can connect other computers too as well, I need something called Ethernet card and cable to do that with though?

but the best part is that pages load up instantly as I`m now getting the full 2mb broadband that I`ve been paying for for years and couldn`t use.

it has XP on it, and it`s not TOO different to windows 98, so I`m not entirely lost on it either :)

T3h YT is 4 h@ppy Bunneh :)

Celebrating taking the kids sledding today. What a great time!

Also celebrating that they play so well together. Sometimes Aidan will pick Callum up by wrapping his arms around his chest and he'll march into their room. They both fall together on the bed and I hear so much giggling! Nobody can get Callum to laugh like his older brother can. They are both practically in tears from fits of the giggles after about 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom