Chili crunch vs. crisp vs. crisp with peanuts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAPyessir6

Senior Cook
What's the difference between these 3? Is Chili crisp with peanuts the same as Chili crunch? I'm figuring which product to try first (unfortunately Laoganma is the only chili crisp I found at my local Asian market) and Laoganma doesn't sell chili crunch that I saw, and I'm wondering if chili crisp with peanuts is close.

Never heard of any of those things. I assume they are snacking cracker type things? Do they not have a picture on the front? Or ask at the store if they are similar.

Different companies have slightly different ingredients and flavors, but chili crisp and chili crunch are basically the same thing - "Chili crisp is an infused chili oil condiment with crunchy bits, made by simmering chili peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil" (from Chili Pepper Madness).
Chili-Crisp-Recipe1-2022.jpg

I have some of the chili crisp from Lao Gan Ma. It's interesting and I like it. I know that LGM makes a lot of types of chili crisp, but I have never heard of chili crunch.

Chili crunch is more recent I think, and only a few brands make it. Momofuku (commonly found at Target) is one I know of.
1000001154.png

:eek: wow! Good thing nobody trusted me with the shopping list.

But with peanuts?
Different companies add different ingredients to differentiate their products from the competition. And sometimes different recipes developed in different countries. There was a big kerfuffle recently when David Chang's company started enforcing the trademarked name "Chile Crunch" as well as the term "chili crunch." It backfired.

Crunchy chili pepper and crunchy chili pepper with peanuts have a similar taste and aroma because they both contain chili pepper. However, crunchy chili pepper with peanuts also contains peanuts, which adds an additional flavor and texture to the product. Therefore, they share some similarities, but there are also differences

Chili crisp and chili crunch are the same thing and a zillion manufacturers make it.

It’s been all the rage for 2-3 years now. And it’s EXCELLENT!

But I’d recommend buying it from a legit maker like momofuku. There is a wild difference in quality out there.

Different companies add different ingredients to differentiate their products from the competition. And sometimes different recipes developed in different countries. There was a big kerfuffle recently when David Chang's company started enforcing the trademarked name "Chile Crunch" as well as the term "chili crunch." It backfired.
This is an interesting thing…. at least to me as a lawyer.

Chili crisp and chili crunch are the same thing and a zillion manufacturers make it.

It’s been all the rage for 2-3 years now. And it’s EXCELLENT!

But I’d recommend buying it from a legit maker like momofuku. There is a wild difference in quality out there.
Is Laoganma a good maker or is there a better one that I should purchase?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom