Coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffee

Thanks Jkath for the suggestions. You try new stuff all the time. Sure never thought to drop it in coffee when fixing it. That way I could have my own! Do I feel dumb? Thanks. My dream is to taste Starbucks. Everyone talks about it. In the meantime, I will try to flavor my own.

In the Kitchen, there are two schools of thought on Starbucks. People either love it or hate it. I am in the "hate it" camp.

I have come to the conclusion that people who drink their coffee black can't stand Starbucks (for the most part) and people who put all sorts of things in their coffee love Starbucks.

I love coffee but I use the Purple Pill so I have to be careful how much I have, I use to have a cast iron tummy but I guess the lining is thinning out, So I just weight like a cast iron tub!:LOL:

See everything works its way out !:huh:

GB said:
Those sound great Jkath. I have put cinnamon in my coffee filter before, but never heard of jello. I will have to try that!
:-p

I've actually used jell-o in my instant coffee mixes.

Another thought - for those of you who want a richer tasting coffee (who do indulge in sugar), brown sugar is really a great, warm flavor compared to white.

I only sweeten my coffee if it's an afternoon cup. In the morning, it's only got 1% milk in it.

ITK, sorry I missed your post. I get my Maple coffee from rockymountain roasters, they are a local company. I will see if I can find their link. They deliver door to door. The butter pecan is from Second Cup coffee which is exclusively Canadian. You can buy their stuff online I think.

I saw this morning that Cafe du Monde appears to be untouched. I don't think the French Quarter could even begin to recover without it!

LOTS of coffee comes into the port of N.O. - but lots of things come into the ports along the gulf. I saw yesterday that an entire boatload of bananas were lost either in Biloxi or Freeport. We can basically figure on any foods that come from South America are going to cost more until the ports can be reopened.

Confused Again!!

Doing my shopping this weekend, I saw that all of the coffee is on sale! Why do you suppose they are doing this? I assumed it would still be regular price but instead price dropped. You better believe everyone has heard that coffee going up because the guy doing the restocking said they can't keep up with people buying it. Does anyone understand this? In fact, it was more than half price. This is a store that I go to regularly. Just like the gas, never know when you won't be able to afford.

Alix

Alix said:
No idea here ITK, but I say stock up while you can!

Thanks for your response. You always, always respond to my comments which is admirable. Hope I never write anything that is offensive to you. You always seem to understand why I write the things I do. I appreciate your sensitivity. I won't forget you. Thanks.

In the Kitchen said:
Thanks for your response. You always, always respond to my comments which is admirable. Hope I never write anything that is offensive to you. You always seem to understand why I write the things I do. I appreciate your sensitivity. I won't forget you. Thanks.

You have never offended me ITK, and I doubt that you would. You have such a warm caring heart no one could take offense to what you say. Thank you for the warm fuzzies, I really smiled when I read your post.

Ken said:
Hey Cutie....guess what I got you today?
MAPLE COFFEE?????? Oh please tell me you got me more maple coffee!!! *glaaaaahh...(homer drool)*

In the Kitchen said:
I appreciate your sensitivity.
Just remember to post AFTER she's had her maple coffee.

And yes Cutie, I've got your next fix!

Back
Top Bottom