Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dove said:
Sat.
John is home now. Resting but still has a headache. I know he is happy..no place like home and family.
marge

You are right Marge,there is no better medicine in this world than family and home. And it sounds like John has the best of them.

Glad to hear that John is home. He must be happy and content with all the family and his familiar surroundings. Maybe with some rest tonight, his headache with be gone by morning. My best to you all Marge.

There's no place like home, and no place like one's own bed, surrounded by loved ones!

Continued prayers for John, you, and the whole family.

Monday
John went to the Dr today. He put Chemo into the shunt John has in his head. Back Friday for more platelets and then next week for the draw of bone marrow out of his hip. Dr said it would go on like this (up and down) until they could get him well enough to go down state to Stanford U. for the marrow transplant. That is the scary part..he will be SOOOO sick. they have to hit him 50 times harder with Chemo before the transplant.No idea when or how long he will be there.
Marge

Last edited:
I'm trying Katie and Buck.
Most of the time I just feel numb inside.When I stay home all day I just want to stare off into space...
Marge

Marge - John is in my prayers always! You, Sandi, and his boys are also in my prayers - he's a strong man. He's got a family that loves him and strangers that care deeply about his recovery!!!
11_4_127v_1_.gif

Tuesday
John was feeling pretty good this morning. It is a good thing for a reprieve because the Chemo could hit him again with the headaches again in a few days.
I try to stay positive but it is like waiting for the other shoe to drop. [/B

Wed.
John was back in the ER all morning. Same problem..headaches and throwing up. All related to the Chemo.
Marge

(((Dove))) Keeping you all close in my heart, thoughts and prayers.Love and energy, Vicki

I went to see John today and have dinner with the family. He had the usual headache so he only ate 4 bites of the Tri Tip Steak and left the rest of his dinner for the dogs.
I took a Costco Apple pie and he did eat all of his slice. Sandie said thats the most he has eaten in days. He has lost 65 pounds.

It's a tough and grueling fight, and with no garuntees at the end of it. But you have to keep fighting, exerting your will, trusting that whatever happens is happening for you and John's growth. I know this game. I watched my Dad and Stepfather go through it. They didn't win. But great strides have been made since that time. And we know that miracles do occur. I have seen them. And I know that they are preceeded by Faith. The power of prayer is on your side, as is teh heartfelt concern for you and your family. We know that this is an exhausting, and exasperating fight. It wears on you, on John, and on your entire family.

Marge, you and John are in my nightly prayers. I want you to know this because we who are behind you, are like trickles of water, each flowing and merging into a great river. I wish that life wasn't so hard, and that we could all enjoy a time without pain, or trials. But that isn't why we are here, in this place, on this world. We are being forged by the fire of life into something far greater, and that something will last through eternity, not just this mortality.

Hold your head up. Keep on fighting, right until the last breath you take. And when you need it the most, then pray, and ask for the strength to carry on.

It is impossible for me to be with you and your family. It is impossible for most of us. But I pray that you will find strength in our support, to help you through these difficult times. We share just a small part of your anguish. My children are strong, and healthy young adults. I can't imagine them suffering as John is. But I do know how it would make me feel. And so, I know what you are going through. You have the love of a parent for your child. For that you are blessed. For that, you feel anguish in your soul.

Your son know your love, and that helps sustain him and ease his suffering. I pray that the pain will be short, and his cancer will turn to full remission. I know a lady in our church who battled long and hard, and who had to go through chemo. She is now well again, and her hair has even grown back, though it is now white as snow, in spite of her being only in her mid 40's.

The same can be true for John. And we will keep supporting you, through prayer, and out thoughts.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

All of you are so great..thank you for your Prayers..
He went in for blood work this morning and then back later in the day for fluids. Wed. is the day for the bone marrow testing. If all goes well he will be set up ASAP for the transplant.

Thank you all for your support.
Love
Marge

Dove said:
I went to see John today and have dinner with the family. He had the usual headache so he only ate 4 bites of the Tri Tip Steak and left the rest of his dinner for the dogs.
I took a Costco Apple pie and he did eat all of his slice. Sandie said thats the most he has eaten in days. He has lost 65 pounds.

Hi Marge,

May I make a suggestion? It would be great if someone could give John some freshly made vegetable juices. He would be getting a concentrated source of nutrients and also live enzymes which are vitally important for a cancer patient. The proteins in meat are difficult for a cancer patient to digest so don't feel badly that John didn't eat his steak. From my studies I have learned that a cancer patient does much better on a veggie diet, especially raw veggies since the goodness is lost in the cooking process.

Continued prayers for John, and you, too. God is still in the miracle business!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom