Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Marge,
Wishing you and your wonderful family a Merry Christmas and may God Bless you all. And may all of you be comforted by the caring thoughts of all of us here at DC. JoAnn

Marge, I hope you have a blessed Christmas - I won't say Merry, because I remember Christmas in the past when we'd lost a loved one - it didn't seem that we could be merry at all. I hope you do have peace and get enjoyment in the holiday and remember what Christmas is really all about. The best to you and your family.

Marge, I'm so sorry this Christmas didn't hold the miracle we all prayed for. You and Sandie and the boys must still be exhausted, too. Keep holding onto each other. Get through one day at a time of this overwhelming grief and know that one day, things will be just a little easier. Until then, we're all holding you in our hearts and prayers.
Peace and Love,
Terry

Dearest Marge,
I've been away from DC for awhile. I just want to say I'm thinking of you and holding you near my heart. May God uphold you and your family in this new year. sue

Dear Marge; I know you to be a woman of Christian faith, and so don't think this post is out of the DC boundaries as it is directed to you. Think of why we celebrate Christmas. It is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. And in our faith, He overcame the bounds of death and was resurected so that we all might overcome physical death and be resurected. You son is waiting for you to come to him, and to your other loved ones who left mortality before you. You will be with John again. It will just take some time.

Be strengthened by that knowledge, and gladdened by the clebration of the Christmas season, just past. I know it's a bit difficult as John and your husband aren't there with you. But as you smile, and laugh, with the rest of your family, and your grandchildren, I know that John will be watching, and his spirit will be gladdened to see your joy.

Help the others in your family to understand these ideas. You will find your hearts heavy burdens lightened.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Dear Marge; I know you to be a woman of Christian faith, and so don't think this post is out of the DC boundaries as it is directed to you. Think of why we celebrate Christmas. It is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. And in our faith, He overcame the bounds of death and was resurected so that we all might overcome physical death and be resurected. You son is waiting for you to come to him, and to your other loved ones who left mortality before you. You will be with John again. It will just take some time.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

All I can say to this is AMEN!!!!!

Back again...again with bad news. My Daughter in laws (and John's) and the two grandsons 15 year old very lovable Tuxedo Cat age 15 was sent home from the Vets to die, and then she learned today one of her two horses need to be put down.

We were all waiting for a new start this New Year.
love Marge

Oh, Marge! How sad. Losing a pet is so difficult and every bit like losing a member of the family, which they are.

Suffice it to say, Buck and I are sending our heart-felt love and prayers.

We are wishing that things straighten out soon. Never doubt that we love you and send loving hugs your way.

Back again...again with bad news. My Daughter in laws (and John's) and the two grandsons 15 year old very lovable Tuxedo Cat age 15 was sent home from the Vets to die, and then she learned today one of her two horses need to be put down.

We were all waiting for a new start this New Year.
love Marge
:(OMG! Dove,Im so sorry. Please, please dont add all this on your grief it will get better I swear.I really dont know what to say but stay strong. No stay even stronger. Resolve to even more to get thru this. I know its hard but I know God is with you and you can get thru this.Your job now is to be the strong one for all the others in your family,and I know you can do it and it will make you feel better if not right away then later. Your family needs a rock right now and that rock is you. All of us here are your mountain of strength in many prayers and good will and support.
All my love to you,
Jackie

Marge, I am glad the denial has passed, thats one step behind you. So sorry to hear about the loss of the 15 year old cat but thats a long life for a pet. Not sure of the life-span of a horse, but regardless, I am certain it is not easy to put down a horse which is loved as much as a family member.

All my best to you and your family

Marge, I can't tell you how sorry I am about the loss of these beloved pets. Continued love and prayers for all of you.

Both pets are gone..I worry about Sadie. She loved the cat and Horse so much but today she said "A cats a cat, a horse is a horse..I have been through so much they don't matter" I don't believe she has started the griveing process yet. I ask her to talk to her doctor nent week about attending Grievence counsleing.

P.S. the Northern Ca. storms took out my fence in the front yard................oh well..thats Mother nature for you.

Sorry to hear about your other losses. If it helps, you could look at it that John has the cat and horse now for extra company and comfort. I'd like to think that when I go, all my pets that have gone first will be waiting for me.

marge, i don't know what to say.

if there's any way i can send a little irsh luck, or pray in the right way, or send my love in a more meaningful way, i'd do it just so it would see you through to a happy and peaceful time asap. you deserve it.

I have just read the whole thread...

I am so sorry Marge. It was such a great fight that John fought and I was so impressed by your ability to know that you needed others - you are an inspiration. Likewise, this community is another family to turn to and it did itself so proud.

In the last 16 months, I have lost an uncle (dad's brother) to stroke (aged 69) , an aunt (my mum's sister) to breast and bone cancer (aged 64), and on 24 November 2007, an aunt who lives next to my parents whom I have known for 39 years (we all spend christmas' together), went on holiday with her husband to Phuket in Thailand and on their second day there she suffered a massive heart attack and passed away, she was 59 with no prior history. It took us 7 days to finally get through the red tape between the Thai government and the Australian Embassy, so that they both could be brought home. We are still in shock and it feels like she is still on holidays.

So I hope that this comes as a little comfort that you are never alone, even half way around the world someone is sharing your hurt, feeling your grief but most of all gaining strength from the wonderful woman and mother you are.

Luv
Cath

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom