Did I just ruin my non stick pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVS053063

Assistant Cook
Made an omelet this morning in my Calphalon non stick omelet pan like I've done a hundred times before. I used my trusty spatula around the edges as I cooked the omelet on medium heat on my gas cook top. It took me a while but then I realized that my spatula was melting onto the pan. So here are my questions:
1) I can't scrub the plastic off of the pan. How can I remove this stuck on plastic residue?
2) Why did this time my spatula melt?
3) Do they sell high heat spatulas that I should invest in?
4) What do other cooks use to get around the edges of an omelet if not a spatula?

Thanks for the help.

It is a non-stick pan. maybe the spatula residue will scrub out easily. Do you have a Dobie scrubber sponge or a blue Scotch-brite sponge with a non-stick safe plastic scrubber on one side? Gi e that a try.

BTW. All my spatulas are high heat spatulas now. It's an easy transition to make.

Thanks. I have tried a non stick scrubber and it doesn't do anything. I tried my plastic scraper and it just smears it around.

I buy inexpensive silicone spatulas and "spoonulas" for not stick and my enamelled cast iron pans. They seem to have quite a lot of heat resistance and they don't scratch anything. The spoonulas (concave spoon-like spatulas) are my first choice for omelettes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom