Dinner, March 7/2008, TGIF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took some Italian venison sausage out last night :ermm: or would that be venison Italian sausage.... the deer was shot locally and not in Italy ;) and got that thawed, plus some burger, plus I have a package of mushrooms to use up.... gonna be spaghetti night :)
With doctored up jar sauce :ohmy:
And some of that Argentinian parmesan cheese I picked up :rolleyes:

Maybe something else so I can use a few more emoticons :wacko:
:-p

Tell me more about that Argentinian Parm.. I have heard of it but not found it nearby?

We're having Baked Chicken Cacciator, for the first time tonight. I just ran into a problem though, I went to add my red wine that I just bought, and realized we don't have a wine bottle opener!! So now i'm just waiting for my DH to get home from the gym so I can send him out to buy one.. I hope they have one at the grocery store!!

Tell me more about that Argentinian Parm.. I have heard of it but not found it nearby?

I'm not sure where this link is going to open Gadget Geek, but my tale starts at post 55. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f22/parmigiano-reggiano-not-parmesan-42945-6.html
I looked in a different store today and still no PR cheese. Everything is better when it's delivered to your door anyway, so I will get some to try.
Meanwhile, dinner's coming along nicely and I hope the reggianito isn't too salty on top of the spagetz, but I'll live if it is :)

well. my early dinner was salami& mustard till my luv gets here & orders dinner or likewise. but i recieved a free kitty food sample so they dined on 'white chix meat tuscany' in a savory sauce
withlong grain riceand garden greens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Did the Afghan thing, Afghan lamb stew with spinach, rice on the side, Afghan tea, and Afghan pudding.

GG, this sounds amazing! As soon as I am able to spend time in the kitchen again, I am going to make this! Thanks for sharing.

Here are the results and our salad.

Click on this for more Charmoula pictures

Dinner of Friday night was a good one. I found a recipe online that looked good and gave it a whirl with a couple changes here and there. We did a shrimp Escabeche, Algerian style, named Shrimp Charmoula. Along side of it was an Arugula salad with Jicama, some citrus, and some parched peanuts, (not quite groundnuts, but close). We served the shrimp on top of some good angel hair pasta dressed with a bit of walnut oil.

shrimps.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom