Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, I know, and I am so sorry!

mine isn't bad, but the place she picked for her birthday dinner wasn't anywhere I'd like to go back to. It was japanese, you know, the kind where they cook at your table. But, the soup was unsalted chicken broth with 2 mushroom slices, the salad was the kind you get out of a bag with weird curdly dressing, the vegetables were only onions, mushrooms and zuchinni (the cheapest you can get), the meat portions were TINY and for 6 people, after the tip, was $165 - what a rip!

Dang! That sounds bad!! There's a place like that that we have gone to a few times & everything is great & the portions are huge!

My MIL just does & says things to push my buttons just to see how upset she can get me. She also does it to one of my other SILs. But the other SIL is treated like gold.:rolleyes:

I do have the upper hand - the only other DIL lives in another state...and I have the only grandkids.

Oh crud - dryer is beeping - can you put out the avocado egg rolls for the lunch crowd?
(taste one - they're really good!) Oh, and I got a call that we're having another tourbus coming through this afternoon. So, gear up!

Whew! <<tossing apron back on the counter>>
Those folks were hungry! PA, they ate all the apple crisp and asked for seconds, so I gave them muffins to go. Crewsk, they loved the beef sammies too.

I wish Sushi would pop his head in - it's weird not seeing the boss around too much anymore.
I've just put a chocolate marble bundtcake into the oven for the next few guests. Anyone want to whip up some creamed cheese frosting?
Well, now that it's quiet again, I'm going to put on ladybugs on the roses - I noticed aphids on some, and we don't want to bring those into the cafe!
I'll be out in the garden if anyone needs me.

I'll whip up the frosting jkath!

Yeah, it is quiet without Sushi here.

Oh, there are some praying mantis on the way to help the lady bugs with the aphids! I hate those little critters. Which reminds me, I need to go out & check my roses again.

C.%20HARLIQUEN1.jpeg
C.%20ROSIE%20CHRISTA1.jpeg
C.%20SUNSHINE%20GIRL1.jpeg
I'm planting these between the rose garden and the salsa garden for extra color - what do you think?

Thanks so much for making the frosting!
Now, on to the eggplant lasagna for tonight.
What other specials should we have?

and more importantly...what is in the UPS box? It's driving me crazy!

Those are beautiflu! I think they'll look great!!

No problem, glad I could help! I'll get some French bread & garlic butter started for dinner.

It's such a small box compared to what Sushi normally orders. I wonder if it'll break if we shake it?

Im at work.... :shifty:

Jkath..... I have made a deal with the tissue manufacturer next store to be able to use their parking lot for a monthly fee and IF we repave it. So if you want to do change things out in front, then go ahead. :mrgreen:

Bang, thanks for the thought but we have to have full ownership of all parts of the Cafe. We dont want to be held over a barrel at any time in the future if relations go bad. Im sure you understand. HEY...... hows the wine cellar going? Also, the design team sent us the blue prints for the venitian room! :mrgreen:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Im at work.... :shifty:
ooooooooh...
covert action!
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Jkath..... I have made a deal with the tissue manufacturer next store to be able to use their parking lot for a monthly fee and IF we repave it. So if you want to do change things out in front, then go ahead. :mrgreen:
Sushi you're the best!
24.gif

I'll even help pave the lot. Just let me know when you need me...and thanks

Also, the design team sent us the blue prints for the venitian room! :mrgreen:
anyone know a muralist?

I'm done picking basil for tonight's caprese salad, and I've put in 6 lasagnas. I'm still not sure what other specials we should have.

Jkath!!!! That sounds GREAAAAT!!!!!!! *giving cheek smoochie*

I cant wait till its done!
1.gif

While Im waiting I'll have some onion rings. *chomp*

So what are your plans for the front?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom